Snake River, Oregon Spring Bear Hunt

Myself and 2 buddies are heading out that way end of April for a Speing Bear. I haven’t yet started to dig into onX yet to really nail down a ridge or two. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am coming to Oregon April 1 and want to know if I can get a black bear tag OTC? Non-res with my hunting license already in my pocket but I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get a bear tag online... #Frustrated. Unit 19 is our destination if that helps! Thanks

Pretty sure the spring bear in the country is limited permit. It's an OTC tag in the fall. We saw a few GIANT bears in there last fall while bowhunting elk. I saw one, in an unnamed place, that I think was a pretty legit 400+ pound bear.

Oregon spring bear is controlled draw only except for SW Oregon which is first come first serve for 4400 OTC tags. Application deadline is Feb 10th

Last edited:
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.

I was in the neighboring unit (still the Oregon side) last year with a tag holder. Gorgeous country and big bears!

Fun stuff, I've pack a fair number out of there and it's definitely steeper than the pics show!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back