Thorough screwing proposed in NM

Jwill

http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/15 Regular/memorials/house/HM114.pdf

Not sure what to say after reading that, but WTF. :mad:

Copied & pasted from Jason Amaro's facebook page.

This needs to be killed ASAP.. PLEASE PLEASE CALL... With the way the house and the chairs are set this could very well happen

LEGISLATIVE ALERT!

Representative Bealquin Bill Gomez of District 34/Doña Ana County has introduced two pieces RADICAL LEGISLATION (HM 114 & HB 616) proposing that landowners receive a "100 PERCENT INCREASE IN HUNTING TAGS (for landowners)... ...FOR TEMPORARY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OF ELK STATEWIDE..."!
*Per language in the committee substitute of HB 616 that has not yet been updated on the NM legis website

THESE BILLS WILL BE HEARD THIS FRIDAY IN THE HOUSE AGRICULTURE, WATER AND WILDLIFE COMMITTEE.

Even though free ranging wildlife is held in the public trust, here are the facts...

Of the approximately 18,000 landowner authorizations currently given to landowners each season about 8,000 TAGS GO UNUSED EACH SEASON!

Currently, landowners receive almost 50% of the total number of tags allotted during each elk season. The remaining number of tags go into the public draw of which sportsmen receive 84% (6% to non-residents and 10% to outfitters/guides).

The NMDGF Commission now allows ranches as small as one acre to receive an automatic tag and sets virtually NO LIMIT on how many elk tags go to landowners. At the same the average public lands hunter must enter the draw in hopes of receiving a tag!

IS THE BLOOD STARTING TO REACH A BOILING POINT YET?

HERE'S WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY...

1. CONTACT REP. GOMEZ and let him know what you think of his proposed legislation.
Capitol Phone: 986-4221
Capitol Room #: 202A
Home Phone: (575) 233-3040
Email: [email protected]

2. SHOW UP AT THE HEARING ON FRIDAY MORNING AT 8:00 AM AND RAISE HELL! ROOM 315 AT THE STATE CAPITOL.

3. CONTACT THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO ON THIS PROPOSED LEGISLATION.
Here are the members of the House Agriculture, Water and Wildlife Committee. Anyone can call any legislator, but they are most interested in hearing from their constituents. If any of the committee members represents you, it is especially important that you contact them. And remember -- they are in Santa Fe to represent the public, not special interests! NOT SURE WHO IS YOUR LEGISLATOR?1

Chairwoman Candy Spence Ezzell, Roswell, Capitol phone (505) 986-4420
Vice chairman Andy Nunez, Hatch, (505) 986-4210
Paul Bandy, Aztec, (505) 982-4211
Randal Crowder, Clovis, (505) 986-4210
George Dodge Jr., Santa Rosa, (505) 986-4227
Bill Gomez, La Mesa, (505) 986-4221
Bobby Gonzales, Taos, (505) 986-4428
Dona Irwin, Deming, (505) 986-4215
Bill McCamley, Mesilla Park, (505) 986-4436
Bob Wooley, Roswell, (505) 986-4454

Used to hunt there every year but gave up when they cut us to 6% and 10% to outfitters. When USO was trying to get Arizona to whore the elk I called NMG&F and was told that 80% of the landowner cow tags were never used so we know the damage arguement was bogus. I say let them destroy hunting in their state if they choose to.

NM has always been very good at screwing sportsmen. I used to live there and I quit going back to hunt elk when they decided that a NR has to pay a bull price to kill a cow.

From what I have heard, the Game and Fish is apposing the bill. The reasoning that is being given for proposing the bill is that due to the current drought conditions, the elk are overgrazing the public lands used for cattle grazing. Game and Fish has taken the stance that it is much easier to bring up the numbers of a domestic cattle or sheep heard then attempt to recoupe a wild elk heard when favorable conditions return. This bill is just one in a series of bills designed to restrict the activity of sportsman in New Mexico. I believe that the bill has been pushed forward to Wednesday 03/11 at the state capital building.

This guy spreads all kinds of hate LO stuff and then supports NR getting hosed.
The LO tags DO NOT come out of general drawing pool,they are in addition too .
His group are also pro wolf.
This bill and the others have been shot down.
I agree the NR should be getting more and dislike the outfitters welfare.
I agree on NM being way ahead with the political BS and has been at it since 1500's.....lol.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back