Caribou Gear

Montana State University Hunting Oppurtunities

For sure there are plenty of opportunities in Bozeman! I am a Junior there now and have had no trouble getting into the hills for lots of different game. Hyalite canyon is literally at the end of 19th street and has many many miles of roads and trails to check out. We hunt a lot of grouse up there, as well as deer if you are willing to walk. Tough elk hunting but I do know where there are a few wallows that have elk regularly. Heck it is even a part of an Unlimited sheep hunting district, with rams to be found up there. Also, there are a few public land areas in Belgrade as well (different town but basically connected to Bman) with antlerless whitetail tags available. Most of the valley is weapons restricted (shotgun, bow, muzzleloader, etc...) but that isn't a big deal. I certainly feel it is a hunter and fisherman's paradise especially if you can travel just a little bit! If you ever need help we are always willing to help incoming MSU students however we can.

Hyalite is not an unlimited district. - it's closed to sheep hunting. That being said, lots of great advice above. You can be hunting in almost all directions within a 15-20min drive. You'll make friends that have similar interests, and hunttalk members will also be willing- I'm assuming. Best of luck on all your adventures. Bozeman is a great town for a young man.

If you are from a rural backround or Ag major, check out Fraternity rush. Seriously. You can always decline a bid.

Even though I am a Farmhouse alum, I'm betting you would find some hunting brothers in the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity on Campus.

I hunted a lot with my brothers. We rented locker space, and had chest freezers in the house.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back