HB149, WY NR's get your wallets out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be "go after Randy Newberg" night in Wyoming. My comments to the committee were forwarded to the Wyoming Outfitter and Guide Association. Two WYOGA members have emailed me in the last hour, expressing their opinions to me and trying to contort my opinion in the letter I sent to be the positon of RMEF.

Not sure what the rules are in Wyoming for legislators to pass emails to industry associations, but not much surprises me with legislators anymore.

My question would be what the Wyoming Outfitter and Guide association has to do with this political committee......hmmmmm, maybe that is a stupid question

Wow, that's dirty pool in my book. I don't know squat about politics, but, Is there such a thing as an ethics board in the House or Senate? If there is this deserves their attention if your letter was shared. There is a chance that they could have read your letter here and commented on it because of that?

Wow, that's dirty pool in my book. I don't know squat about politics, but, Is there such a thing as an ethics board in the House or Senate? If there is this deserves their attention if your letter was shared. There is a chance that they could have read your letter here and commented on it because of that?

Very doubtful, given they don't have my email address unless it is forwarded by someone. And, some people are not very good at skinning emails of important clues as to where they came.

Hell, IMHO 'sportsmen' would rather vilify anyone who doesn't do it their particular way. Does Wyo's supply and demand theorem evolve to the king's mode?

My guess they don't care about unsold tags if the ledger shows more money in it.

..this right here.

My question would be what the Wyoming Outfitter and Guide association has to do with this political committee......hmmmmm, maybe that is a stupid question

They are the ones pushing this bill.

The best thing would be a total boycott, but sportsmen are never willing to band together for something like that.

Clearly you are correct. But some of the sportsmen on this site for example spend 50 weeks a year bashing other hunters and the other 2 weeks asking for their support.

The best thing would be a total boycott, but sportsmen are never willing to band together for something like that.

There are plenty of folks out there with lots of money, and don't give two chits about how this affects public hunting in the long term. It's advantageous to them, and therefore it's good.

It's nice to see that some people can look past their own best interests and realize that this isn't a good thing, long term for the future of hunting.

We are slowly evolving back to a European caste system of hunting.

Hell, IMHO 'sportsmen' would rather vilify anyone who doesn't do it their particular way. Does Wyo's supply and demand theorem evolve to the king's mode?

There are plenty of folks out there with lots of money, and don't give two chits about how this affects public hunting in the long term. It's advantageous to them, and therefore it's good.

It's nice to see that some people can look past their own best interests and realize that this isn't a good thing, long term for the future of hunting.

We are slowly evolving back to a European caste system of hunting.

I really think that we are on the cusp of one of the western states going to something like that in the not too distant future. I was joking about the SUPER SPECIAL 10% auction tags, but there would probably be a lot of folks lining up to push something like that.

SWF would be at the top of the list to support something like that and I'm sure they've already thought of it and been whispering in some legislators ears about those types of options. I think that is why they oppose the resident fee increases so that the G&F ends up with such a budget shortfall that they have to start thinking about things like this to make up the difference.

Average hunters are being pushed out of the hunting options more all the time. This society has become entirely dependent on the money and no ethics or logic matters. If the average guys are priced out of the process, the support for the hunting overall is going to crumble.

The year that Colorado decided that their cows were worth as much as bulls pretty well blew up in their face, when people refused to pay the price. I, for one, wrote a letter telling them what I thought. The next year the prices came back down. Unfortunately, people will throw any amount of money at the trophy scene and to hell with the health of the industry.

Was the boycott in CO that never happen a result of the members of this site too?

I was simply pointing out that the strategy to tell everyone they are stupid and their way of hunting sucks all year and then asking for their support is flawed and does not unite sportsmen.

Clearly you are correct. But some of the sportsmen on this site for example spend 50 weeks a year bashing other hunters and the other 2 weeks asking for their support.

Sounds like a crappy site. I would leave it.

I was simply pointing out that the strategy to tell everyone they are stupid and their way of hunting sucks all year and then asking for their support is flawed and does not unite sportsmen.

Nobody asked you for your support or opposition to this bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back