Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

HB149, WY NR's get your wallets out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close, but keep guessing...

You have been proven again to be one big BSer! When you can't come up with anything that makes any sense when a person calls you out on what you have put out in black and white on two different sites that were a complete 180 reversal you come up with these kinds of meaningless responses. All it's doing is allowing more people to see how you operate and it certainly doesn't look good in case you haven't figured it out yet! Your badgering of jims is also ridiculous and I would suggest that they do as Wapiti stated to come up with any kind of a legitimate money number instead of what appears to be two out of the blue guesses they've given in their fiscal analysis. Even then it would be a big guessing game because they have no idea how many will continue to play the game if this change passes. Price increases bit ID and MT in the butt and WY appears to have not learned any lessons and may be next!

Last edited:
No arguing, just pointing out the facts.

Topgun and jims just cant help themselves and arent in the know, it gets to them..

No arguing, just pointing out the facts.

Topgun and jims just cant help themselves and arent in the know, it gets to them..

The day you state a real fact regarding these WY Bills will be the first time, LOL! You're in the know alright you big 4-1 loser with your last "in the know" fact on 69!!!!! The day you get to me will also be the first time, as it's fun watching you come up with all your BS that more and more are seeing through as you post regarding this Legislative session. Carry on!

Last edited:
I respect everyone's viewpoint in this thread. The one thing Buzz has made clear is that this bill really isnt about funding the G&F. So what really is the intent of this bill? It seems like it only benefits Outfitters. Buzz has clearly said several times that there's "unpleasant things" going on behind closed doors.

Hey, I just though of a new idea for funding the G&F. Raise the Guiding & Outfitting permit fee's !

Trigger50, that's the best idea I've heard yet!! If their clients have enough money for the "special" license they can surely pass on a few hundred bucks for the higher permit fees. In fact, maybe we should all email the lawmakers with this idea. I think I'll email the forest service, too. The fees should be exceptionally high for wilderness areas where we don't get the privilege to hunt.

Accountability

I realize that I live in the most corrupt state in the US(Illinois), but please take stake in my comment. Several years ago we had an increase across the board in everything from deer tags to boating stickers. Most residents were actually in favor of this increase as it was supposed to go straight to IDNR. The increase raised tens of millions which still can't be accounted for. This really pisses me off. I'll pay my share to ensure state parks are open and personnel are employeed to keep these assets safe. Just don't play smoking mirrors with the sportsman's money. I hope that if the western states like Wyoming do pass a bill like this that there is accountability for those funds.

Boy, this is one long thread...

Lots of interest on the "special fee" in Wyoming and the long term interests of hunting. I would have to say just about every state treats non residents in a manner that does not encourage the long term interests of hunting.

Point creep in CO, purchasing licenses to apply when the state selling them knows they will never be used, excessive tag fees for non residents while residents pay next to nothing, the list goes on and on.

Applying anywhere out of state is a process and that process usually ends with financial pain for the out of state customer. Fix this and you may move the needle on growing the number of hunters nationwide. Until then, the special tag fee in Wyoming just makes me yawn. Its just more of the same (whatever the same is where you live).

Trigger50, Beware of what you are wishing for!

The 60/40 is actually a lot better than many of the other options that likely will be proposed if it doesn't pass! Take a look at NM where outfitters took tags away from DIY/OYO hunters in the form of landowner and outfitter tags! If the 60/40 doesn't pass be assured nonres tag prices will likely be on the agenda next year and nonres will likely be paying more for both regular and special tags in the near future! If 60/40 does pass the prices will likely remain where they are....for at least a while and possibly quite a while! Nonres better be ready to battle new whacky proposals if 60/40 doesn't pass! If you seriously think about it, if the outfitters have as much clout as people on this forum are stating just think of what proposals could pass if 60/40 doesn't make it! How about more tags being taken away from DIY/OYO hunters and going to landowner and/or outfitter tags! It makes the 60/40 split sound even better and better when you start thinking about the alternatives.

60/40 sounds pretty good to me! Likely no increase in license fees for several years for both res/nonres, a chunk of new revenue for the WG&F, tag numbers remaining the same, etc. 60/40 makes a lot of sense for DIY/OTO hunters!

Boy, this is one long thread...

Lots of interest on the "special fee" in Wyoming and the long term interests of hunting. I would have to say just about every state treats non residents in a manner that does not encourage the long term interests of hunting.

Point creep in CO, purchasing licenses to apply when the state selling them knows they will never be used, excessive tag fees for non residents while residents pay next to nothing, the list goes on and on.

Applying anywhere out of state is a process and that process usually ends with financial pain for the out of state customer. Fix this and you may move the needle on growing the number of hunters nationwide. Until then, the special tag fee in Wyoming just makes me yawn. Its just more of the same (whatever the same is where you live).

Thank you.

...let the gnashing and wailing continue.

Last edited:
Good lord this thread needs to be closed already..a bunch of 12 year olds in here....

Good lord this thread needs to be closed already..a bunch of 12 year olds in here....

Agreed. The value of this thread disappeared about 50 posts prior. To all who want to take these very valuable threads into the weeds and have personal pissing contests, please do so with PMs.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back