Caribou Gear

Duck season over

What Map

The duck season in western Montana went out this week. Here is a pic of Bart and decoys on the final day.

HT bart last day jan 2015.jpg

Right before sunset, five swans flew over my hide at 25 yards.

HT last day swans jan 2015.jpg

I had a very good season, getting out nearly 20 days. Only a few daily limits, but I was skunked only two or three days.
Here are some pics from the season that I haven't posted yet.

Diane and Bart.

HT Di&bart jan 2015.jpg

This is Curtis and his son Caden

HT curtis&caden jan 2015.jpg

HT Bart lake jan 2015.jpg

And that's a wrap!

HT bart gun jan 2015.jpg

That's a good looking lab you have there. Are divers pretty common waterfowl fare there?

Nice! Thanks for sharing. It was a good year! Seems like it went to darn fast. Here is a shot of my son (son's depending on picture) and friends with some birds. They take the old man on occasion. Seems like it used to be the other way around! ;?) Good times!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Congratulations, one more day left in va season but I'm not even goin. This season was rough out here, no cold weather and just no birds. Looking forward to oct, but may sneak in a late goose hunt.

That's sweet. Man you guys really have a late close to your season. I didn't realize it went so late.

That's a good looking lab you have there. Are divers pretty common waterfowl fare there?

JLS, Bart is a very handsome lab. He is also a pointing lab as well as a great duck dog.
I only hunted public water this year. Where I hunted there were very few mallards. There are lots of mallards in Montana, but not on the public water I hunt.

JEL, great pictures of your sons and there waterfowl. What state are you in?

The closing dates in western Montana were late this year. There was also a few day split at the beginning of January. You can't hunt 'em if the season isn't open!!

We are in Montana as well. Helena. My boys are the two in the middle lower picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back