Rally for Public Lands - Montana

Am I allowed to wear my yoga pants at the rally?

We are encouraging everyone to wear speedos and yoga pants.

Especially if you are hairy and fat.

Monday, let them hear you roar. It's turning ugly up at the Capitol. We need to send a loud message. Several of the buses are full but we are looking for car pools. If you want offer to car pool, or need a ride, shoot me an IM.

Current forecast is between 400-500 people. Sandwiches will be available on a first come, first serve basis.

Especially if you are hairy and fat.

best_guy_ever.jpg

That's still my best profile pic on facebook. I like how it captures my whimsy and my sweet hair-did.

This is what American Lands Council is circulating about the Rally

CALLING ALL MONTANANS!

We need your help with a “Keep Public Lands Public” rally planned at the State Capitol Monday Feb 16. If you can’t attend please spread the word and encourage others to do so. If you or any of your friends can attend, please check in with the American Lands Council (the real advocates of better public land management) at the 3rd floor fan window between 11am and 11:30am. We will provide you with the materials and instructions you need to make a positive impact with legislators AND during a curious noon hour event being staged in the Capitol rotunda that day by Montana Wildlife Federation, Audubon, Wilderness Association, and Back Country Hunters and Anglers with special guest speaker Governor Bullock.

What’s curious about these groups and their event, and why is it important we attend? These very groups that are hosting the “Keep Public Lands Public” rally just testified, on the record, AGAINST SB 215– an act prohibiting the state of Montana from selling any public lands that may be transferred from the federal government to the State in the future (attached). That’s right – they openly OPPOSED the bill which would keep public lands public! And so did the Governor’s director of state lands!!!

Why? For these anti-access groups it’s never been about keeping public lands public at all. It’s about deceptively preying on unsuspecting sportsmen and other Montanans to further their secret agenda of locking us out while claiming to advocate for public access. The truth about pseudo “sportsmen” and “wildlife” groups like these can be found at www.greendecoys.org. Check it out, spread the word, and come lend a hand Feb 16 to help promote GENUINE efforts to improve public land management through local control for better public access, better environmental health, and better economic productivity!

And finally, please contact Montana legislators at http://leg.mt.gov/css/Sessions/64th/legwebmessage.asp and ask the Senate Natural Resources Committee to support SB 215 to truly keep public lands open to the public in the event the federal government transfers land to the State.

Hope to see you in Helena at 11am Monday Feb 16!

American Lands Council
http://www.americanlandscouncil.org/

American Lands Council · 859 W South Jordan Pkwy, 100, South Jordan, UT 84095, United States
You can also keep up with American Lands Council on Twitter or Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.

http://www.americanlandscouncil.org...ef46b7a35a806527&utm_campaign=calling_all_mon

Interesting that a group from Utah is calling on people to show up for a Montana rally. Just as interesting as the fact that the only one who testified in favor of an ALC schill bill introduced last week was another paid lobbyist representing the Koch Brothers out of Kansas. Guess it must be hard to drum up much support in Montana, so it is time to call on the political Hessians bought and paid for by out of state money.

Think it might be time to start measuring hat sizes. ;)

Any of you from Montana who have President's Day off from work, I hope you will take the effort to join us at this Public Land Rally. Time to send these fringe operators packing, political teeth in hand, to whatever slimy rock they crawled out from under.

I don't think Montanans have much use for the "Utah model" and I doubt many here want to toe the line of a bunch of out of state billionaires. Yet, we have some of our fringe operators in the legislators on the take from such groups, using their legislative positions to carry the water of those who don't like the "obstructionist opposition" hunters represent in Montana.

As they say, you can only buy a politician if he or she is "for sale." Guess we will see which of our Montana politicians are "for sale" to these out of state "buyers."

If you live in Montana, there are buses being provided from many cities. Link provided for the bus schedule. Hope you can be there and send the message that we were doing just fine before the carpetbaggers showed up to save us from ourselves

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/i...-with-montana-sportsmen-for-your-public-lands

See you there.

MTRALLYPOSTER.jpg

Wish I had the day off for the rally.

I may be wrong but I think part of this whole debacle is the push by some radicals to ban public land grazing. If the cattle people were to co-op they could buy large tracks of public land. This may be a stretch, but think about it if public land grazing were to end.
Everyone promoting this bill has a stake in the bill to line their pockets.

Just got home from the rally. In my opinion it was a pretty amazing event.

Randy did a great job introducing speakers and talking about the importance of our public lands.I saw some familiar faces from pictures I've seen on hunt talk, but being my antisocial self I didn't really say hello to anyone. One cool thing that I didn't expect was seeing former friends of mine from school, old coworkers from Missoula, a guy who lives two houses down the road from me, and people I work with today. Montanans from all walks of life were there.

All of the guest speakers drove their points home, and Gov. Bullock gave one hell of a speech.

I'm grateful to all the people and organizations that put this thing on, and to Randy for volunteering his time on behalf of all of those who are using and will use our public lands in the future.

As was pointed out at the rally, the fight is just beginning. But I found today to be pretty uplifting.

Last edited:
The official count was somewhere north of 500.

It's the kind of day that makes me glad I get to work in policy and politics. When hundreds stand up against a bad idea and take the time to physically go to a state capitol, Legislators hear it.

Well, most. And that's what we need, a majority of legislators who understand that the people do not want the transfer and sale of public land.

Thanks to everyone who came, sorry I didn't have more time to talk. Hunt Talk was very well represented!

Huge thanks to Mr. David Allen and Randy.

Great turnout. That should get the attention of the Rs. Wish I could have made it... I was even up there yesterday and wanted to show Sam the rally, but I have a deadline to fix a problem that I don't even understand...

The official count was somewhere north of 500.

It's the kind of day that makes me glad I get to work in policy and politics. When hundreds stand up against a bad idea and take the time to physically go to a state capitol, Legislators hear it.

Well, most. And that's what we need, a majority of legislators who understand that the people do not want the transfer and sale of public land.

Thanks to everyone who came, sorry I didn't have more time to talk. Hunt Talk was very well represented!

Huge thanks to Mr. David Allen and Randy.

How does that compare to the number of people who stood up against the banning of yoga pants in Montana? Some of the stuff that goes on in Montana politics cracks me up.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/11/montana-lawmaker-says-yoga-pants-should-be-illegal/

Attachments

• montana-yoga-pants-ban[1].jpg
    montana-yoga-pants-ban[1].jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic