$1.74 per gallon

Thanks for the Tea Party nod, pretty insightful from a single post. Must be because I drive a Ford....adequacy issues and all..Oh, and the 2 Toyota's I own(don't' worry, I'm NEVER moving to UT).

I'll get back to you in a year with expenses, but my contribution went up $70 per pay period for the exact same plan.

Oh, and so I don't "hijack" the thread with my nonsense, here's an pertinent article from back in 10-14 on the relevant issue of fuel prices~ http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/10/investing/oil-plunge-below-84-market-concern/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Interesting article. Whatever the real cause it's great to be under $2.00 per gallon again.

Sorry to hear about the insurance increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Total and Eni predictions wouldn't surprise me. I could easily see $200/bbl in a few years as a result of this. We were at $140-150 with expanding production. With investments slashed I could see us overshooting $200/bbl as supplies dry up. This is partly the Saudi strategy...squeeze producers out and then capitalize when supply dries up as they can weather the storm.
Again. more that "could" happen.
It would be pretty sad if we all lived our lives worrying about what "could" happen.
We should all be worried because a giant meteorite "could" hit the earth and wipe us all out, then it wouldn't matter anymore.

Again. more that "could" happen.
It would be pretty sad if we all lived our lives worrying about what "could" happen.
We should all be worried because a giant meteorite "could" hit the earth and wipe us all out, then it wouldn't matter anymore.

If I knew what "would" happen I would be retired on my own private island. Anybody that thinks they know what will happen is fooling themselves. All of these guesses are speculative and anybody that says any different either has inside information (unlikely) or is just guessing (more likely). I don't pretend to know what will happen...but I don't have a problem trying to predict it. Isn't that what we spend most of the time talking about on these threads anyway? Besides, I'm not worried either way.

Gr8, are you being redirected to this thread or are you opening it of your own volition? Some of us like to hear/read educated conjecture. What is it about bigeasy's post that is so egregious to you?

Last edited:
I had a high school flashback when I filled up the truck the other day. Gas was at $1.95 and I got $1.00 off for using my grocery card.(thank you City Market aka King Soopers)

I almost peed myself, 33.something gallons for $31 and come change.

One of those days I was super happy to have a 35 gallon tank.

The wife even took a picture of the receipt, it was a special occasion.

I had a high school flashback when I filled up the truck the other day. Gas was at $1.95 and I got $1.00 off for using my grocery card.(thank you City Market aka King Soopers)

...a buck per gallon discount?..you kiddin' me? Dayum!

The prices will always fluctuate, and it is due to politics more than anything. We might as well enjoy it while we can, I paid $1.55 in Spokane last weekend.

I know the feeling! With my grocery rewards card discount I paid $1.15 a gallon. It reminded me of those high school Friday nights where my pocket change more than paid for my friend to gas up his truck enough to get us wherever we could find good clean trouble.

The POTUS just said I'm gonna save $750 at the pump this year thanks to the lower prices.

Within a week of the POTUS saying this price at the pump has been going up. :p

Live on the edge of oil patch. $2.19 a gallon. Oil patch (Artesia or Hobbs America )probably pays 20 cents more. Oil patch always supports their own!

Saudi Arabia pays only 40 cents plus per gallon, Government subsidized instead of government taxed..

It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back