$1.74 per gallon

OriginalOscar

Just filled the truck and my wife's jeep for $1.74 per gallon. Loving it!!

I propose a new holiday to whomever developed the processes to increase domestic oil production.

Just filled the truck and my wife's jeep for $1.74 per gallon. Loving it!!

I propose a new holiday to whomever developed the processes to increase domestic oil production.

As per the current situation, that (fracking) has nothing to do with the temporary 'low' fuel prices..

As per the current situation, that (fracking) has nothing to do with the temporary 'low' fuel prices..

Fracking is quickly becoming unprofitable at current crude prices. A calculated move by OPEC?

I thought Romney was defeated. Did I miss the memo stating he was actually elected? Or maybe Cheney is still in charge. $1.74 is impossible with the present leadership, I heard it on the radio. Next thing you will be telling me is that unemployment is below the 6% MR promised. :D

politifact%2Fphotos%2FBillboard_for_pfact.jpg

Paying $1.74 per gallon should piss everyone off! This means when we where paying $3 and $4 dollars a gallon we where over paying by almost two bucks. Just wait till OPEC decides to recoups their lost revenue. You will see $5 plus in the next couple years.
The only reason prices have dropped is because oil and gas production in this country was starting to make serious impacts on importation. People in this country need to pull their heads out of their a$$e$ before it's too late.
Ok...end of rant.

Of course it does. OPEC can still make money at the price THEY set.

It's 1.64/gal here.

Of course OPEC is still making a profit. It's all relative.

The current fuel prices is due to the those in control not turning down the valve.

Who do you think that is?

P.S. PP phrases are now acceptable.

PP = prepositional phrases.

What else would you like me to clarify?

Those = MiddleEast countries (need to know which one specifically?).

Drilling in the US was putting a dent into the Middle East countries. The Middle East countries want to make the US production unprofitable. Drop prices from the Middle East so that drilling or production in the US becomes unprofitable.

Just what noharley stated.

On another note: the turkey hunting trip out west just got more enjoyable with $65.00 per tank instead of $110.00 :)

good luck to all
the dog

I'm still looking for the prepositional phrase professor.

OPEC can still make money at the price they set it ....at. Happy now?

Umm, Ok.

Reading comprehension is not your strong point.

It's OK. Your 'post' count is much higher than mine therefore ........

Last edited:
Not in the least because my message remains the same.

I hate misspellings but you must be happy since that is your clever (think meaningless) response to an educated dialogue.

Paying $1.74 per gallon should piss everyone off! This means when we where paying $3 and $4 dollars a gallon we where over paying by almost two bucks. Just wait till OPEC decides to recoups their lost revenue. You will see $5 plus in the next couple years.
The only reason prices have dropped is because oil and gas production in this country was starting to make serious impacts on importation. People in this country need to pull their heads out of their a$$e$ before it's too late.
Ok...end of rant.

This may not be that simple. The economic situations in Japan and China are quite different than they were several years ago.

Now that the price of gas is coming down to to where it should be. The states will add on more gas tax then the price of gas will start increasing again till its 4.00 a gallon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to a relative at a family reunion who has been working in the oil fields now for many years. I was always under the assumption that we were drilling the oil for us to use at home and I frankly was mad that we weren't seeing the decrease in prices here.
He informed me that the majority of the oil that we are getting out of the Dakotas is being shipped over seas. It is a higher quality of shale oil and is being sold to China/Japan if I remember the conversation correctly.
I was bummed to hear that but apparently the oil companies are fetching a higher dollar by shipping it out of country rather than sell it locally for less profit. Now because it's a free market and the companies can make their money anyway they see fit, I really don't feel bad that OPEC is causing the prices to fall (if that really is the case). To me it seems that lower fuel prices can be one of the best economy stimulants that we can have.
I'm no expert and maybe I'm way off base but that it what was explained to me by one who works in the industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back