Caribou Gear Tarp

DIY camera spotting scope attachment.

Looks pretty dang good to me!

Where those sheep above your place?

Geez......Sytes, where were you before I dropped $80 on the Phone Skope? Thats awesome, I am gonna build one and then compare the two. Haven't been all that happy with the one I bought.

Looks pretty dang good to me!

Where those sheep above your place?

Above my unit near work. These are the last native sheep in mt nw. All others are transplants or so the fwp biologist says (Tim). Sad part is I do not believe for long as they are gaining more and more excitement over the greener grass around domestic stock Inc sheep. Fwp doesn't seem to have the resources to counter this "greener grass"... I fear their days are numbered.

Geez......Sytes, where were you before I dropped $80 on the Phone Skope? Thats awesome, I am gonna build one and then compare the two. Haven't been all that happy with the one I bought.

Ya, that price pissed me off so much it prompted this little endeavor. Amazing! $49 FOR CHEAP CRAP to $79 for... better plastic crap. Blew me away!

Well your whole endeavor inspired me to talk to my coworker who has been playing with a new 3D printer. 30 minutes of CAD design and about 2.5 hours of printing later and I have this piece that goes up against my phone (Nexus 5) and mounts to my Vortex spotting scope. We also did a sleeve that lets me reduce the inner diameter and mount to my binoculars.

The fit over the eye pieces is a little tight on both the scope and binos and I have to figure out how to mount firmly and evenly to the phone case but we got these examples out of our windows by holding it in place with tape and rubber bands. I'll sand them down a bit and buy a new case to glue. If that doesn't work I'll do another print and tweak the dimensions.

Sure beats spending 95 bucks!

Eph

2dvn0qw.jpg

During printing:

34fmbu1.jpg

Across the street around 20-25x:

9k74ag.jpg

Across the street with 10x binoculars:

2ykb9le.jpg

zx7c60.jpg

Thank you SO much for posting this! I've been trying to figure out a way to make my own attachment for my iPhone to my binoculars! This gives me a great idea! of how to make my own!

I never saw this the first time. That's pretty clever there Sytes, especially with the swing door on it. I wonder if it is possible to adjust the distance to prevent the portholing/vignetting?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back