Caribou Gear

Whitetail for the wife trade hunt

Gellar. My cabin is on the Wisconsin side of the river. Around the Lynxville area. I hunt north of Lansing. I do spend some time in YRSF trout fishin. Do you live in the area or have a cabin there?

I live outside of Harpers Ferry.

If John, or anyone needs help on hunting Yellow River State Forest, I would be more than willing to help. But do not forget about the State WMA's, and the much under utilized for whitetail, Upper Mississippi Wildlife Refuge.

Here is the link to the State WMA areas look under Allamakee. http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/PlacestoHuntShoot/WildlifeManagementAreas/PublicWMAs,CountiesA-C.aspx

Last edited:
Yes. John there are left-over tags for unit #9. This year they could have been purchased after July 26, 2014. The antlerless tags may be decreased in 2015... so who knows if there are any left-overs for 2015.

If I am reading you correctly you are "uninterested" in a buck tag for 2015. Then apply for a doe tag in the regular drawing and apply for preference points also. Drawing a doe tag does NOT take away your preference points... only a "any sex tag" deletes your preference points. Points stay with you until you die or draw a "any sex tag".

good luck to all
the dog

You can buy a Deer (buck) tag OTC in Michigan for less than $200. Michigan's U.P. has about 2 million acres of national forest and lots of state land to hunt. Bow season opens October 1st and runs to November 14th. Rifle season opens November 15th and runs to November 30th. Late bow season opens December 1st and runs to January 1st. Muzzle season usually opens early December and lasts 10 days. Problem is the hunters during rifle season seem to outnumber the deer! I'm sure there are plenty of better whitetail spots closer to you, but this is an easy option....just not high odds of success!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back