PEAX Equipment

Hello from the Mojave Desert

bobvonb

Hey all. Bob from the High-Desert. :cool: Former competitive high-power shooter and long time deer hunter, mostly in the Hill Country in Texas but recently here in California. I had an incorrect idea that I'd be overrun by other hunters here and that there were no deer to speak of. Wrong on both accounts although hunting in the San Bernardino mountains is a real challenge. I had better luck with my first X zone hunt. (see DEER forum). I'd like to try D17, true desert hunting one day too, but it's a premium zone also.

I like the heavy hunting slant of this forum as opposed to the some-gun, some-hunting, a lot of complaining that some other forums have.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to here you are finding some hunting success in the Golden State.

Welcome! I lived in CA for over 8 years, and I can tell you first hand that the x zones can be awesome! I also did pretty well in the Trinity Alps as well.

Welcome to Hunt Talk. Looking forward to reading about CA hunts and seeing some pictures.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are finding someplace to hunt in CA. My wife and I once had job offers in CA but I just could not bring myself to move there. So many people and taking freeways to go anywhere would drive me crazy. Some people say " you couldn't pay me to live in CA", well they tried to pay me but I still couldn't do it.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are finding someplace to hunt in CA. My wife and I once had job offers in CA but I just could not bring myself to move there. So many people and taking freeways to go anywhere would drive me crazy. Some people say " you couldn't pay me to live in CA", well they tried to pay me but I still couldn't do it.

it's true, freeways in LA/San Diego and the Bay area are a real pain. But that's only a fraction of the state. Las Vegas and Reno are not much better. It all depends on where you set yourself down.

I prefer to look at the positive, the incredible outdoor opportunities we have here with State and National Parks, beaches, deserts, and mountains. It's unmatched anywhere else in world really. Some places match some, but no other place matches all.

I prefer to look at the positive, the incredible outdoor opportunities we have here with State and National Parks, beaches, deserts, and mountains. It's unmatched anywhere else in world really. Some places match some, but no other place matches all.

Good for you. Everywhere is what you make of it. I'd love to see some photos of where you hunt. The mountains of southern Cali always amazed me with their ruggedness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back