Harlequins

glass eye

Finally finished a personal piece for myself. I got these Harlequin Ducks in Adak Alaska. I also took the background photo while kayaking along the coast there.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 569
I think I would rather shoot a drake Harlequin than a bull elk. Just something about them that I find so intriguing. I see them in Alaska often, and then when I see one of them in Montana, it makes me think of a lost soul looking for his home. Cool stuff.

I think I would rather shoot a drake Harlequin than a bull elk. Just something about them that I find so intriguing. I see them in Alaska often, and then when I see one of them in Montana, it makes me think of a lost soul looking for his home. Cool stuff.

I've seen them on numerous occasions in the Bob Marshall, primarily on the S. Fork of the Sun River.

My favorite duck. I have never seen them in MT, but took some in AK. Great display and background.

Glass eye I would love to get Harlequin, but I think I'm going to be too early for the season on Adak, can you get into them around Anchorage?

Last edited:
Too early for waterfowl but ptarmigan will be open, take a shotgun or .22 for them.

Attachments

• 20140913_210431.jpg
    20140913_210431.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 137
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back