Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

How bout them Ling ???

This is right at the top of my to-do list. Hopefully before the month is over I will have some similar photos to post as those on this thread.

Rob how deep of water you fishing because there seems to be a color difference. I catch most in about forty foot of water.
My ling jig

That is like a lake trout. Mine are olive no matter how deep I catch them. They eat a lot of crayfish where I catch them - maybe yours was more piscivorous.

Seeing how skiing will suck, I might be up for an ice fishing trip.

Will trade guided deer hunt for guided ling hunt.

If you are interested in Southwest Wyoming, I can settle for a six pack of Big Sky IPA or Moose Drool. :)

Flaming Gorge isn't what it was for ling 5 years ago when someone could pull out over 100 ling on a good night, but you can still do 30-40 ling on a good night now. Most nights it is a 3-10 ling night.

Fontenelle and Big Sandy are also good places to fish for ling, because you do not get the army of ice fishing anglers from Utah.

If you are interested in Southwest Wyoming, I can settle for a six pack of Big Sky IPA or Moose Drool. :)

Flaming Gorge isn't what it was for ling 5 years ago when someone could pull out over 100 ling on a good night, but you can still do 30-40 ling on a good night now. Most nights it is a 3-10 ling night.

Fontenelle and Big Sandy are also good places to fish for ling, because you do not get the army of ice fishing anglers from Utah.

Southwest Wyoming!? Hell, drive down to Helena and you can fill a limit of ling almost every night when they're biting. We should definitely do a hunttalk bonfire/ling fish this winter on the Missouri.

I didn't know the Green had Ling Cod?
And here I used to fish the Pacific for them....lol

Anyone else here hunt IN the water?

Now that quail has slowed down I hope to get in the water to grab some lobsters before the season closes. El Nino has already kept most of my freediving buddies out for a few months it seems.

Once I get back in, I will post pics, just wondering if anyone else here does any spearfishing or bug/ crustacean hunting?

Time for the annual resurrection of this thread.

The happiest critters on earth are kids with fish and bait fishermen drinking Coors Original

Attachments

• LingNC.jpg
    LingNC.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 213
  • LingNK.jpg
    LingNK.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 215
  • LingNM.jpg
    LingNM.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 217
  • LingTruck.jpg
    LingTruck.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 214
Only Ling I ever caught were in
Cal. and they looked nothin' like that.Ling Cod?Looks like an Eel.:cool:

Coors? How about a Falstaff or a Hamms. Can't say what they call Coors in Az....
"Panther Piss with the foam farted off" lol!!:cool:

Not ling cod, they are freshwater burbot. They require frigid temps to breed and are delicious.

Most refined Montanans I know enjoy their Banquet Beer. :)

Hey NR, I’ve never caught or eaten one of those. I’d love to tag along sometime, so I could do both.

Back