PEAX Equipment

2014 Alaska Moose

Matt (CG), I had completely forgot about this thread, shame on me for that. Did you ever get your antlers back?

I'm headed out on the 29th for 2 weeks for moose, if you need a cape let me know before I leave and I'll save you a cape if we manage to kill a bull or 2.

I sent you a PM with my contact info.

Critter Getter, I've followed this story for a while... Don't ease up. There are so many hard working people like ourselves that do OYO hunts and save up for the once or twice in a lifetime hunts like this and to have the experience you had and most importantly, the wasted meat, makes my stomach turn! I am sure he was a decent guide at one time and let greed get the best of him, started cutting corners and eventually led to down right criminal actions that strike at the heart of every moral and ethical Hunter out there. Gives a bad name to so many hard working outfitters that support the ethical, legal, and as advertised hunting experience we seek.

Thank you for not letting up!

Well it looks likes Tom is on new the series of Buildings Alaska building his remote cabin/hunting lodge on the DIY network

I turned on Building Alaska a while ago to see if he was on it. Yep! Tom Shankster (put that in there to bump up an internet name search) was busy with his cabin and talking about his "air taxi service".

Any updates to tell?

I used to be pumped for my prospective 2016 Alaska moose hunt...I was searching for threads and found this one. Now I'm just freakin depressed...no, no, no I do not have a trip booked with tom Shyster or anything but this sort of stuff just makes me sad. Especially the fact that through his arrogant posts on here he must truly believe that there is no way his operation will get shut down and that's just depressing. I hope I'm wrong about that.
CG, keep fighting the good fight.

Ok, so I went and watched "Building Alaska" just to see what this Tom guy is about, and I really didn't get the feeling that he is on top of things at his camp...sorry about your wasted animals Crittergitter...

Ok, so I went and watched "Building Alaska" just to see what this Tom guy is about, and I really didn't get the feeling that he is on top of things at his camp...sorry about your wasted animals Crittergitter...

If you got that feeling from watching the show, you should see what its like actually there. They took hundreds of hours of footage to cut to 22 minutes...........guaranteed you barely caught the tip of the iceberg;)

I must not get the channel, I keep missing the show. I actually helped build that cabin, not to help Tom, but to help one of his hired hands that was struggling by himself.

So, my last report from Alaska is that our Moose antlers have finally been released as they have determined we were not at fault for the waste of any meat. As far as Shankster goes.............hoping to update with good news soon, but some things in the Legal Dept of AK Fish and Game put this case on hold for quite some time.

Hopefully I'll be able to update soon, I sure hope AK Fish and Game doesn't screw this up. Tom is spending everyone's hard earned money on the best attorney he could find but hopefully it isn't good enough.

Good result and great you are getting the antlers back.
Are any of the charges he is facing in relation to your hunt with him?
Could you be called as a witness? It's a long way to go if you are isn't it?
Cheers
Richard

This has been the only 200+ post, year long thread that I've even actually kept up with and read it's entirety, and the most interesting.
I'm assuming that the evidence of violations that is in the report is from when you were there, going by the time frame? If so, I'd say that you did an outstanding job on your end with documentation and persistence. Kudos to you and the LEO's for doing a great job.
Keep us posted.

Good job critter, im glad you are getting your antlers. Makes me wonder how many violations he got away with before all this came into view.

That's great news Matt! Way to be persistent to make sure this fraud was exposed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back