Yeti GOBOX Collection

New member from Michigan

michsteelguy

Well, I must not have seen this section because I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and haven't introduced myself properly. Sorry about that.... hello to all!

I have been hunting here (Michigan) all my life and REALLY enjoy the fall woods and sitting in a tree stand, thinking about life, having your own personal time, and of course hoping to have an opportunity to harvest. Work keeps my time in the woods very limited, but I try to put in as much effort as I can since its the 1 real passion in my life. While I do break out the rifle now and again, I'm a bowhunter at heart, especially late season. When everyone has there muzzleloader in their hands, I venture out with a bow....as I love the extra challenge! Some of you may already know, but when it comes to hunting in Michigan, theres a ton of positives of but ALOT of negatives as well:

1. ALOT (and I mean) ALOT of hunter pressure
2. tresspassers / treestands get stolen (even on private property)
3. hard to get landowner permission (for 1 reason or another) & leases are hard to come by
4. public land brings out all the hunters that dont have ethics or respect for anyone
5. etc.,etc., etc.,....

I could keep going on and on.... and I know its probably like that everywhere but as I get older, the less tolerant I have become when it involves the drama! Although when you DO find that piece of land and its cold and quiet in mid november, the rut is on & you have the woods to yourself.... nothing beats the cruching of leavings getting louder and louder!

Now...... I thought it couldn't get much better than that.... until....... in 2012, I was invited by a buddy that travels to Montana for his yearly visit to see his childhood friend (who lives there) for mule deer hunting. What an unbelievable experience and an eye-opener to a whole new world of hunting!!! Learning a COMPLETELY new way to hunt (spot/stalk) took me out of my comfort zone, but in a very good way! I didn't tag out, but I didnt mind either..... as the entire trip was the my trophy! We are returning to Montana again this year and I cant wait! I have also started to acquire some bonus points for different species in different states as my plans for my hunting future are starting to grow.... in quite a different direction than what I once thought they would! Western hunting has brought a new kind of passion in my life and a great tool for me to learn new things, become a well-rounded hunter, and create memories of a lifetime. I look forward to being an active forum member here, and learning from you all! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Welcome. Glad you had fun in MT. It is a good place to live.

Welcome. Lots of great folks here. Love Michigan, met some good guys in Colorado from Mich.. just talked to them the other day. My wife and I rode the bike all the way around Michigan, up across the Mac Bridge, all over the UP and Down the west side a summer ago. There are some beautiful places around the lakes.

Edit.......half awake texting to your son in New Dehli India and viewing HuntTalk threads at the same time.........:eek:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back