Caribou Gear Tarp

Uncle Larry takes one for the team

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This is by far, one of the funnest elk hunts I have ever been on. It was not a glory tag, rather one of the easier-to-draw limited opportunity hunts in Arizona. It was not in an area with tons of elk or many big elk. But, it was a hunt with one of the greatest guys you will ever share a camp with; Uncle Larry, or AZRED as he is known on Hunt Talk.

Here is a link to the episode where you cam watch this commercial-free on CarbonTV. If you like this, I hope you will subscribe to the On Yor Own Adventures channel on CarbonTV.

This was the final episode of Season Three of OYOA. In the next month, we will start rolling out Season Four of OYOA.

http://www.carbontv.com/videos/94anE2ZTpdydYtoNiISqWMAQRSi-_tRD

IMG_5603.JPG

I know this had to hurt, Larry, but it was funny as funny gets. Looking forward to hunting witj you again this year.

IMG_5594.JPG

Good thing you are my favorite nephew, I wouldn't smile like that for just anybody!!!!

The very 1st time my brand new bride went to the range with me I was going to christen my equally as new, just released to the public, Weatherby Vanguard VGS, 7mm Rem Mag. Topped with a Simmons 3X9X40 and shooting some Fed 150's....1st shot, I took very careful aim at a 100yd target, slowly squeezed the trigger and , and, and WHAMMY ! About 1/2" higher than Larry's. I thought she was never going to inhale she was laughing so hard. It's a hellva alot funnier from the witness end than it is on the getting kissed end ! ;)

Last edited:
Great episode! After it was done I left the page open and it started playing the original Wyoming episode with Larry. That is the one that got me hooked on OYOA. Keep bringing him back.

Would be fun for this Uncle Larry to meet THE Uncle Larry, but afraid he would run me into the ground. But, if he ever comes out to Idaho he can borrow anything we have (unless it is during our October hunts).

I'll have to see if I can drum up a picture of it..... I took one in the center of the forehead a few years back. I had taken a shot at a Mule Deer Doe, Last 2 hrs of the season. I hit her in the spine, and on the follow up, I was laying on a downhill slope shooting about level. Raised the bi-pod all the way up, but couldn't quite get all the recoil pad on my shoulder, and the heel of the stock caught in the dirt and threw the works up, the scope caught me right square in the center of the forehead. Looking back on it, I would have laughed at myself... I knew the recoil was going to hurt w/o the whole pad on my shoulder... Never thought it might hurt in the forehead.

Back