Caribou Gear Tarp

Howa for Lefties

Ask and ye shall receive. :D

When I posted about the new Howa lightweight rifle that was displayed at SHOT Show in January, many of you commented how you would like to see more manufacturers making left-handed bolt action rifles.

I passed that request along to the good folks at Howa. They have heard that request from others.

Well, good news. They are tooling up to meet that request. By this time next year, you will be able to get Howa rifles in the left-hand option.

I am not sure the exact dates when dealer deliveries will be made, but when I do, I will be posting it here. Hopefully the lefties on this site will jump on that option.

Now, I just have to get this new lightweight rifle in my hands and get it zeroed for my Alaska black bear hunt next month. This will be the first hunt with the new lightweight rifle. I will be toting a 7mm-.08. I will give updates of how it shoots and how it performs in the saltwater spray of Alaska.

Any updates on this?

Howa better get on the ball, as just last week Ruger announced they are going to be offering the American line of rifles in lefthand. They are not showing in my LGS distributors lists yet, but I can't imagine it'll be too long.

Of course. I just got a Tikka because Howa did not make a lefty. Well now I will have to save for a Howa left handed. I would like a light weight one in 7mm08. But, this was three years ago.

Last edited:
Since Matt with LSI is on here... can he provide any updates on this?

On another thread, Matt from Legacy explained the complications encountered for Howa to find capacity to replicate every Howa chambering/barrel combination for lefties. At the time this thread was started, Howa was trying to make capacity to do it, but given how much demand there is for current lines they do not have capacity to do it.

As of right now, it is deferred indefinitely. Sorry this thread introduced the idea that is not feasible as of this time.

On another thread, Matt from Legacy explained the complications encountered for Howa to find capacity to replicate every Howa chambering/barrel combination for lefties. At the time this thread was started, Howa was trying to make capacity to do it, but given how much demand there is for current lines they do not have capacity to do it.

As of right now, it is deferred indefinitely. Sorry this thread introduced the idea that is not feasible as of this time.

Thanks Randy. Sorry, I must have missed the other thread where Matt explained this. Oh Well, plenty of options yet for us lefties, just like what I hear about with the Howa.

Back