OYOA MT Elk - Season Three

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I wish Montana had released the Limited Entry elk and deer results today, but looks like we will have to wait another day. Dang! But, if you have the elk itch, here is an online episode that should scratch it for you.

At this link you can watch an On Your Own Adventures Season Three rifle elk hunt in Central Montana. Lawnboy was with me on this hunt and worked his butt off to help make the most of this very short hunt.

I wish time had allowed me more days to give this hunt the attention it deserves. As you see, three and four day hunts get pretty dicey when you lose a day or two due to bad weather.

http://www.carbontv.com/videos/B3NmMwZTp_W4KBCBmARDn__EFiijfLib

Good luck on your Montana elk and deer draws. Hope you all draw the tag you applied for.

If I could ask one favor, well, maybe two, it would be this. So far this year, OYOA is the top viewed series on CarbonTV. This performance is showing the demand for our style of hunts and the content we produce. The web provides solid numbers, not the fuzzy estimates that come with TV ratings.

1. So, if you have not already, if you would subscribe to our show on CarbonTV, I would be very grateful. By doing so, you will get notified when new shows come online.

2. And, if you could share these online episodes with a few of your hunting buddies, I would be further in your debt than I already am.

Since we put these online, DVD sales have pretty much stopped. That is expected, but we hope we can continue the fast growth in online viewership to build the data sets that show how much demand exists for our content on the web.

Thanks for watching and thanks for sharing.

IMG_5835.JPG

Love that episode. Loved reading it "almost live" in the archives. One of the' few threads that got so heated that it was finally "closed" to stop further posting.

1. So, if you have not already, if you would subscribe to our show on CarbonTV, I would be very grateful. By doing so, you will get notified when new shows come online.

2. And, if you could share these online episodes with a few of your hunting buddies, I would be further in your debt than I already am.
Done, and shared on FB and posted it up on the biggest deer hunting forum in the UK.
Glad to see the cameraman pressed the record button unlike me!
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
Righteous hunt. Loved watching all those elk running around on public land. Makes a man smile.
Ran into some NR types myself last season - just like that - dropped into our area with the same cuth?

Way to get it done sir.

What? Can you share more? Did you use a different company than you have in the past?

My deal with them is that they will film and edit 10 episodes, per year. We often film more than ten hunts, as things always go wrong somewhere along the way. Like 2013, when the entire NV hunt has footage that is really messed up due to dust storm and conditions screwing with camera sensors. Even after changing camers midway through the hunt, within a day, it was toast and the footage is not very good.

When we film hunts that are "extras," the footage sits on the servers, unedited. Kind of a safety net if ever we were to have more episodes messed up than what we had shot for. Then, we could go to the server and pull one of these other hunts off the drives and edit it out.

So, we have the following hunts sitting on drives that have never been edited.

AZ archery antelope
NM rifle mule deer
AZ archery elk
NM archery elk
MT rifle bear
ID rifle mule deer
KS rifle deer
NV archery mule deer
UT archery elk

Since the production company has fulfilled their contract to deliver network episodes, anything above that would be a cost to me. Looks like I have accumulated almost an entire season of episodes where something has "went astray."

Even though these episodes are saved for a safety net. If down the road it came down to getting them produced, what about a project for some film students at MSU? They get a non-paid internship, experience, and hopefully a product worth publishing for their resumes. You get free labor that is hopefully up to snuff.

Even though these episodes are saved for a safety net. If down the road it came down to getting them produced, what about a project for some film students at MSU? They get a non-paid internship, experience, and hopefully a product worth publishing for their resumes. You get free labor that is hopefully up to snuff.

An idea I have looked into. The end product, merely as a function of editing experience, would be far less than what we are looking for. And, I still have costs for music license and post-production of sound, color, etc. Not out of the questions, but certainly something I have considered.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back