Bison hunt comes to TV

So I had some time to kill today since the military decide it was a wonderful idea for us to be on post over the weekend, so I tuned in to this episode. I gotta say, by far one of my favorite episodes! Loved the way you held back and chose not to shoot in front of the advocacy group, although I did chuckle at the awkwardness it presented. But the thing that had me laughing the most was the fella who had the job of keeping the herd at bay while the cleaning took place. That had take some testicle fortitude as it looked like he only had a stick to swing! Just out of curiosity, how far and long was the pack out? How much meat did you get out that thing? Again, great episode!

So I had some time to kill today since the military decide it was a wonderful idea for us to be on post over the weekend, so I tuned in to this episode. I gotta say, by far one of my favorite episodes! Loved the way you held back and chose not to shoot in front of the advocacy group, although I did chuckle at the awkwardness it presented. But the thing that had me laughing the most was the fella who had the job of keeping the herd at bay while the cleaning took place. That had take some testicle fortitude as it looked like he only had a stick to swing! Just out of curiosity, how far and long was the pack out? How much meat did you get out that thing? Again, great episode!

Brad, the camera guy, stood there shooing the herd away, especially one ornery old cow. The pack out was about a half mile, up hill and through deep snow to a snowmobile trail. Plenty enough work. Not sure how much meat I got, but it was a lot. I am sure it was over 400#.

Awesome! It would be great to hunt one someday and have a freezer full of Wild Bison. Thanks for another great Fresh Tracks show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back