Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Another one for the books

That is an awesome story and some bad a double s pics!!!! Congrats. Job well done.

Congrats on two awesome rams! Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Another awesome hunt Bambi, you are living right.

On another note, what is that sling you have? Like?

Another awesome hunt Bambi, you are living right.

On another note, what is that sling you have? Like?

Vero Vellini. I don't shoot using a sling, only for the occasional packing when its not strapped to the pack. Its pretty stretchy, but stays put.

Vero Vellini. I don't shoot using a sling, only for the occasional packing when its not strapped to the pack. Its pretty stretchy, but stays put.

Thanks. I shoot over the pack, but as you mentioned, I just need one for throwing it over the shoulder when it is not on the pack.

thanks man and congrats again....

Well i guess i better put up my end of the story. Bambi told most the big stuff so ill just touch on the other stuff. I went into this hunt with Bambi telling me i had 1st crack this year. After getting across the glacier and setting up the scope i realized it was only fair to play paper rock scissors over a solo sheep, and a big sheep at that. Luckily i won. we worked our way slowly up the mountain about 1500 vertical feet to a little bench we seen him feed over. he didnt go far and i ended up 40 yards away. i was shaking but finally calmed myself enough to make the shot and take the virginity of bambi's new sheep rifle. the rest was history.

Huge thanks to Bambi for helping me out on my 1st sheep.

P1010420-3.jpg
P1010445-2.jpg
P1010442-2.jpg
P1010120-2.jpg
P1010346-2.jpg

Sweet hunt,guys.These posted Alaska sheep hunts are IMO some of the best.I would be thrilled just to climb around in that country,killing a ram would be the bonus.Still haven't convinced my wife that deep down she wants to relocate to Alaska to educate some of the little buggers.

Unbelievable country. The high dollar camo guys must hate photos like you two have posted......they have done a good job pounding their message that their clothing makes the hunter.

Congrats to both of you! Very nice sheep, super pictures and an enviable story. I not only wish I was back up there sharing your kind of experiences, but also, I wish I could still walk and pack like that. Good luck the rest of the season.

Back