Gutless method on OYOA YouTube channel

great video randy,,,going gutless looks like it will save space and alot of extra weight on the packout,,,ill give it a try on my next critter,,,front leg trick looks great,thanks for the video of the gutless method.

On a deer hunt in Florida, this past January, my host showed me a great way to get the meat without gutting the deer, by hanging it like it would normally be skinned and gutted. Since I don't mess with the rib meat, what he showed me worked very well, including getting the tenderloins.

Diggin' the YouTube channel, thanks Randy! I've already shared this one with my hunting buddies. Just like you mentioned, two years ago I practiced this on a whitetail, last year I used it on my first elk. Works like a charm. Hope I get to go for round two this fall!

Thanks Randy, that video was great! My number one concern about going out west to do a DIY elk hunt is how to get the elk out of the woods, so thanks for sharing. Now I just have to worry about finding an elk.

Excellent tutorial Fin. Good what and why info. Kudos to your partner for heads down/mouth still supporting role.

Great video, Fin. Really nice of you to take that red-headed kid deer hunting, too. :D

I think there's a lot of value in spelling it out for some of us slower individuals.

Last edited:
Excellent video. Fin commented at the start that there are a number of different ways to do this. I normally start by cutting along the forward edge of the back leg, down to the belly and then forward. Skinning the whole side from the belly gives me a clean table to put the pieces on.

Very helpful

I have seen a few other videos on this, but Randy explains things the best. One thing I appreciate is that he doesn't turn his shows and videos into a giant commercial. Too many TV guys and gals ram their sponsors down your throat so much that you choke on it and don't even want their products in the end. Yes, Randy could have said, "well, we shot this deer while hunting in our Brand A clothing with Scent control B and Rifle C, and Bullet D, notice the knockdown power, and now we will skin it with knife E, and put it in game bag F, then load it in pack G while we have an energy shot H, then we will haul it back to our Truck brand I, where we will drive to the nearest Dairy Queen for a tasty treat for the drive home", but he didn't and I appreciate that ! :)
Good Work Randy!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back