Any Female Hunters Here?

Well I got my wife a bow for her Birthday last year. It was a Bear starter youth/womens bow. She wanted one so we could hang out in the back yard together. I was all game. Well this winter we signed up for an indoor 3D league at our local shop. The course changes each week and has some real challenging shots. I thought it might be a bit much for a beginner but she wanted to try. Well long story short is she is addicted and is shooting real well.
Eventhough with her bow she was shooting well she wanted something with a little more speed like mine so she upgraded to this Bowtech Heartbreaker in Hot pink. (She loves Pink). She is still shooting awesome with the new bow and maybe I can get her out this fall to let a bull elk have it. Here's a couple shots. Her arrows are the pink fletching ones

jenbow.jpg

Pretty good group.
jenngroup.jpg

My wife has no intentions of joining me hunting, ever. You know what I'm ok with that too!

Now my daughters on the hand, that's a different story.
Here is my 17 y\o on her first hunt. She's a little shy.

We weren't ever able to get her on a doe antelope, figures this is the one time when it's all bucks. And it was flipping cold for Oct!

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,862
20,000 comedians out of work and your trying to be funny;). No worries I don't wear pink or bras very well. My matching days are over thanks to all the harassment :D

Fin, I have found out what "or else" means, It ain't good! But the dogs have it pretty good out there! Hahaha. Have a lovely evening! Also wife seems very interested in your new blog, and queens of camo. This might be good! And by the way Mrs. Nice buck!! Great story Fin!

Last edited:
Cool thread - my wife does, not will not hunt, hates the cold, but my daughter will be a little huntress! Welcome, and nice job ladies!

HI there- I'm from Minnesota, I've been hunting with my husband for 6 years now. I have hunted Minnesota, Wyoming and Montana. I have had no luck in Mn yet, but shot 2 bucks in Wyoming and 1 mulie in Montana. This past November was my first time hunting in Montana and I had a blast. Cant wait to go back this year. I love spending the time with my husband and father -in-law. My hubby gets so excited when I shoot a buck, I think he has even shedded a tear :) below is pictures of our bucks from Montana.

Attachments

• Montanta hunt 2012 039 (2).jpg
    Montanta hunt 2012 039 (2).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMG1613 (2).jpg
    IMG1613 (2).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • Montanta hunt 2012 053 (3).jpg
    Montanta hunt 2012 053 (3).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,140
I have been hunting for nearly 30 years. I have as much or more passion for hunting than most guys I know. I hunt with archery, rifle, muzzleloader, and shotgun. I hunt deer, elk, bear, coyotes, wolves, turkey and plan to add pronghorn, moose, caribou to my list in the near future.

Are there any other female hunters on this site? I would love to hear from other women who hunt or who are interested in starting hunting. Or even guys who want to get their ladies started!
welcome, I am going to go out on a limb and say you will be popular around here;)

20,000 comedians out of work and your trying to be funny;). No worries I don't wear pink or bras very well. My matching days are over thanks to all the harassment :D

And I'm sure you told her you were snapping those pictures to help her with her form?:D

It is so great to see all of these women hunters and to hear about the up-and-coming girls!! I am really excited about the future of hunting as we add more women to the ranks!! Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures! I'm looking forward to hearing more from women or their husband or dads!!!

does this mean you aren't taking any more family photos?:D

She actually wanted me to take the picture to send to her dad but hey I'm not going to deny it's good scenery. :D

What's a guy to do but be a good helper? She hasn't told you to stay out of her airspace yet has she?:eek:

My wife normally brings home a deer or two but I don't have any pictures. However, only a hunter wife would allow this:
IMG_4091_zpsc799b59f.jpg

Rob that's for sure a line crosser in my house. Throwing a elk hindquarter on the kitchen table is about as much rope as I get in my house.

My wife killed a mule deer at 14 at the bottom of a steep canyon in Central Idaho, and decided she didn't need to hunt anymore. She tolerates my time chasing critters and even has allowed me to introduce my daughters to hunting.

My wife will dispatch nuisance critters though...

222348_1013715631843_1069_n.jpg

I took the oldest to her Hunters safety class, and told my wife she needed to go with the middle daughter. The youngest isn't old enough yet but is on the right track,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlTt5kqmaY

616027_4763244287716_1899398326_o.jpg

224143_1013686511115_4124_n.jpg

230208_1013711111730_195_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back