Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT- Sheep

Theat - Grats on a great ram. Looks like you had a great hunt all the way around.
Sounds like you ran into a number of people. How far back in generally would you go and how many hunters would you encounter back there? I get the impression after reading your experience that a lot of guys make effort to hike way back in.

I have a couple maybes, but still an open invitation for anyone that wants to come along.

I had to shorten the trip by a few days. My target dates are now 9/9-9/21.

Man, if my fall wasn't already spoken for I would love to come up for the experience. I hope you have a grea trip and look foward to hearing about it.

Dustin - if you are looking to do this in 2014 - give me a call and we can maybe get a scouting trip in Summer 2014 - then hit it in fall: 203-885-2194 - something I've been considering for a while.

i see in the regs that if you buy one of the unlimited tags, you can't also apply for a limited area. do you lose points also? in other words, can i build points, take a year off and try for an unlimited sheep, and then apply the next year with my previous points? would love to try the unlimited area someday, but won't give up my points to do it...

Dustin - if you are looking to do this in 2014 - give me a call and we can maybe get a scouting trip in Summer 2014 - then hit it in fall: 203-885-2194 - something I've been considering for a while.

I'm definitely going this year, but 2014 might be part 2.

Just in the past couple days, I've received great information from Hunt Talkers. A truly awesome resource here. I was looking at my 1st night camp on google earth 2 minutes ago...

I'm definitely going this year, but 2014 might be part 2.

Just in the past couple days, I've received great information from Hunt Talkers. A truly awesome resource here. I was looking at my 1st night camp on google earth 2 minutes ago...

Sounds good brother!!! Good luck and if you ramp up to go in 14, I am in. Getting trained for the Chugach in October, so should be able to maintain sheep shape for an additional 12 months. Keep me posted on your progress and if you need any assistance or plan a scouting trip for the summer - let me know.

PM me if you want to chat about the Unit's that have historically had the best success, albeit slim at best.

Only a plane ride away now...

19F2B312-15C0-42CE-A786-8123829F3899-6313-0000051F0E113521.jpg

Good luck and be sure to get lots of pictures of the scenery, that place is beautiful!

Good luck and have lots of fun. I can't think of too many other places I would like to be right now.

Thanks.

Just over 1,000 miles today. Something around 800 left tomorrow.

Hotwire.com is my best friend, ended up with a sweet room in Sioux Falls for $54.

Cold beer, soft bed, and a hot shower. Last night in civilization for a couple weeks.

Welcome to South Dakota! Little late for a drink, but I am only 35 miles away if you need anything!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back