My first!

drahthaar

What I was thinking after the fact, was, if you are gonna play around with a primos can making doe sounds, you might get more than what you bargained for.

We got a few inches of snow finally, so I headed to the woods to look for a bull. All I found was a new whitetail hotspot(I hope). A buck sniffing after a doe(I know its early), and a huge area of torn up snow and ground where two bucks had beat the crap out of each other. Wasn't play time either, blood was drawn.

Figured it wouldn't hurt to break out "the can" and see what happens. Well, this happened.
downsized951023121116.jpg

I was trying to dry stuff off as I was sweating my ass off hiking up to this big flat on the side of the mountain. I turned that can about 15 to 20 times. waited til I cooled off and put everything back in my pack. Got up, put my pack on, walked about two steps where I could see over the side of this little knoll and she was slinking off. At about 30 yards, she stopped and looked back, it was all the time I needed. After it was all said and done, I went back to see her tracks. They came to inside 15 yards of me, and I never knew! Putting my pack on must have sent her the other way. Glad I bought a general season tag.

The hike out with her strapped on my pack was not fun, slipping down that hill for a mile.

Wow thats awsome. I got a tag this year after having a stare off with one last year. We watched each other for about an hour.

That is awesome congrats!

Must be the season, I called one in last night cow calling. It was the first one I've called in. Couldn't kill it though permit only area but I will never forget it.

That's a good looking cat! Gives a whole new sense of appreciation for their stealthiness and patience, doesn't it?

That is awesome, had an encounter last turkey season when one came in. Unfortunately I didn't have a tag. Luckily it got really scared when the "bush" stood up and told it to go away!

Awesome! Congrats buddy.

I need to get back over there to play in that white stuff.

Congrats on your lion!

Wow! This is getting to be too regular. A friend of mine shot a cat on Sunday. Only difference was his cat was WAY closer than 15 yards from him. He was glassing a clearcut and turned around to leave only to see a cat crouched within feet of him. He said he screamed like a little girl, shot and took off running all at the same time. After running a little ways he looked back to find the cat right where he had shot her. It was a mature female.

Wow, 15 yards!! Maybe if you play the video tape in your head again you will hear your "Spidey-sense" yelling at you....LION AT 15 YARDS!!!!

Wow! Grats! What are your plans with it?

Make more reason to keep your young ones tied to your side I bet... 15 yards!

I was viewing an odd looking tree a maybe 60 yards away while crouched taking care of business... looked back over towards the tree and realized the base was no longer the odd shape. Shortly after about 40 yards from that site, I spotted the darn cat stealtly circling me... my business wrapped up quicker than expected and made myself appear as Paul Bunyon holding my pulaski.

Grats! Thanks for the pic n story.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back