Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Thanks. Browning A Bolt. My Deer rifle is a .280 A Bolt but I have killed Elk with it. A few years ago when my Son and I were both drawing Elk tags I bought this one so that we would both be shooting the same caliber. Kinda made sense. Since 2012 only one of us has had an Elk tag so the other '06 only tags along in the camper as a backup rifle if needed. I haven't decided this rifle's future, but I doubt that I will ever part with it.

Montana Public Land Bull

Hello all, I am new to Hunt Talk and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ty and I have really appreciated all the content this site offers for public land hunters.

I was fortunate to connect with this bull opening morning this year in Montana. I hunt this herd pretty hard in archery season but with all the early snow this year the elk were tough to get on. Fortunately, some rut action continued into the third week of October. We had elk bugling the night before and the morning of opening day. Somewhat unusual from my experience in the area but I'm not complaining! Thanks again everyone.

Ty Bull_2017.jpg

The attached photo is my son with a nice 6x6 elk killed on public land in the Colorado 4th rifle season. This was his first time hunting elk and we were lucky enough to find this one. I’d like to thank Randy for all of the time and effort he puts into providing average guys like me with information that made this hunt successful. I’ve followed Randy for years on television as I don’t really care for social media, but this site and his YouTube videos continue to encourage people to get out on there own and try something new. This elk is a feather in your hat Randy. Thanks for making this possible. 90BB5786-A728-48EB-9C96-59A6757F0950.jpg90BB5786-A728-48EB-9C96-59A6757F0950.jpg

2017 WA Bull

On the 7th day of my 2017 E. Washington Bull hunt, I filled my first bull tag! Caught him heading for the steeps shortly after sunrise. 60yd shot with 200g ballistic tip. Very thankful to the guys at camp for helping and sharing this great experience.

FA34AA85-6002-4C7C-B1F8-B9302CC50D74.jpgAB8721E4-B7C6-4586-8FFB-E0EC6A4873D0.jpg

Attachments

• 5C90E408-FA13-446D-953B-AB9C31B6A46D.jpg
    5C90E408-FA13-446D-953B-AB9C31B6A46D.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,595
Must be the luckiest rookie in Beartooths!

First Elk season...3rd day out....got my first ever elk! I've been told the work starts after the hunt...Work? It was a brutal three trips over two days...work is about the understatement of the year.

Here's the confusing part...IN the last two weeks, since I punched my tag, I've seen a few whole...fully intact elk in truck beds...I'm wondering..."where these guys hunting that they can get an elk out whole out of the mountains and into the bed of a truck?" In three days of looking really hard, I never saw elk closer than a mile and half from the truck.

Greenhorn, Hawkeye, El Unit, and the others, you guys killed some really nice elk. Those are some real trophies, unless your Greenhorn, and he kills a average 340" bull each season! Nice animals. Congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back