Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

A raghorn I shot finally as a MT Resident, very happy with the success none-the-less.

IMG_0939 rotated.jpg

Damage hunt cow this morning. Watched about 100 head feed and then walk right toward where I was posted up. 30-06 with 165g Federal Fusion at 185 yards. Only a 500 yard walk back to the truck!! :cool:
IMG_4866.jpg

D64UBfN.jpg

Idaho archery elk DIY

I was feeling left out, I got nothing to show from last season. Here are some past photos though.
Utah Spike only 2012
HPIM0278.jpg
Meat pole from 2012 epic year for my brothers and I
HPIM0297.jpg
My brothers 2009 Archery Colorado bull
HPIM0175.jpg
2016 Utah OTC Archery
IMG_0096[1].jpg

First Elk

This is one of my first posts, but have been an active reader of the threads. Below is my first elk taken in southern Colorado. Preparing for my first DIY hunt this fall in Montana. Thanks to all of you and your posts. They have helped me immensely.

907995C4-FD0D-4E5F-8251-FD263EF73A47.jpg

My buddy and I tagged out in Colorado last year. Thank you Randy Newberg and hunttalk community for all of the information and resources! This was my third trip out to Colorado and my buddy's first trip. We were able to put 4 bulls within archery range in 6 days, and we connected with two. They weren't the biggest bulls on the mountain, but they are trophies to us. Neither of us had ever killed an elk prior to this hunt, and what a hunt it was!

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

Dads Elk 2.jpgDads Elk.jpgDads Elk 3.jpgDads Elk 4.jpg
My dads first elk. Doing it his way, my brother and I were fortunate to be within yelling distance when it all went down. We were in a full out sprint to get to him with pure excitement. I have only seen my dad that excited a few times. What a memory and a trip.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back