Hi from North Dakota

naturebob

I moved here from AZ. 15 months ago to work in the oil field .Construction died in phoenix 4 years ago and I tried to hang on but couldn't. Making a new living here with the family. Kinda tough to start life over at 55, but hunting chat lines help. Got a general deer tag in Montana and huntin eastern part of state. Any help whould be appreciated. Been over there once looking so far. giong agaain next month.I will Be huntting solo, happy to be on board here. been lurking for a while...Thanks Bob....AKA. naturebob..

A. Welcome to the board.
B. Hunt the state you live in first... IMO
C. Good luck in Montana....

Welcome to ND

Hi Bob,

I'm also a ND resident- I live in Fargo. Where are you located? Do you bowhunt? What animals are you interested in hunting? Give me a little more info and I might be able to point you in a decent direction.

Thanks for the welcome ALL . I am in Minot N.D. Any body need tips on AZ.,New Mexico, and Mexico, I can help ya. My # is 701-500-9845. ....BOB!

Welcome! I haven't hunted in Montana, but I know plenty of people who have had fantastic experiences in North Dakota. Good luck this fall!

Eastern Mt. ,I'd look into the block management areas around Colstrip.Theres also a power company out there that allows limited hunters each day.It fills quick,so that should tell you something about the hunting.If you bowhunt, it'll be easier to get a spot.All I can give you from my limited experience.Did see a few dinks in block management around Broadus too

Hey, I just started my new career with the US Forest Service at the age of 66. I hear the oil fields are a good place to work. Work and hunting will keep you young enough to do both for a long time.

E. Montana has suffered from disease and bad weather for a couple of years and some places took a big hit, so do your research. Personally, I like The Breaks. Pretty country, big deer, but, like I said, do your research. Waiting for pictures and a long hunting story.

Welcome, Bob. I wish you had the tag before the harsh winter of 2009-2010. There were a lot more deer over East before that winter. Disease sure didn't help, either.

I didn't hunt it last year, but some friends did. They reported deer numbers to be down.

I would look as far southeast as you can, rather than northeast, even though I know you are closer to the northeast. It was spared some during the hard winters and the disease was there, but less. By far southeast, I am talking Ekalaka and Baker areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back