Caribou Gear Tarp

Smooth talking politician

howler we are just gonna have to disagree on your first point. If land is removed from the public estate we all lose in my opinion ,regardless of where said land is located . To your second point i completely understand that the Fed gov still maintains a huge amount of responsibility for natives and their lands, but it sounds like we all are helping to settle a debt accrued by just a few ,for no other reason than the feds are responsible for making sure that the natives get what they are owed regardless of who owes it.

This is similar to the argument from a person that doesn't hunt cats or bears with a dog and when those are outlawed doesn't think it really affects him because he doesn't participate or benefit from it. Then when the next proposal to disallow baiting or hunting for those species altogether comes up and are methods he uses and favors, he finds out what the other side's message was on the initial topic.

Election Day is coming for Tester and some of us still remember.
I agree that it is fair and just that you do remember and hold his feet to the fire. However, I think if your support is therefore for his opponent to the extent that you aid in Rosendale's election as Montana Senator, then you are in for some colossal disappointments and tragedies as a sportsman and supporter of public lands, wildlife, and hunting public lands as we have historically enjoyed. If you are a proponent for PLT, privatization of public resources, and exclusive promotion of accumulation of personal wealth, then you're likely on the right ideological and political path. If so, carry on. We'll undoubtedly debate another issue.

I think that this issue could hurt Tester badly, might even cost him the election if it wasn't Rosendale on the ballot.

I agree that it is fair and just that you do remember and hold his feet to the fire. However, I think if your support is therefore for his opponent to the extent that you aid in Rosendale's election as Montana Senator, then you are in for some colossal disappointments and tragedies as a sportsman and supporter of public lands, wildlife, and hunting public lands as we have historically enjoyed. If you are a proponent for PLT, privatization of public resources, and exclusive promotion of accumulation of personal wealth, then you're likely on the right ideological and political path. If so, carry on. We'll undoubtedly debate another issue.

Rosendale is an ugly choice though Tester has changed his tune on other issues as well... His criminal sanctuary cities support by vote - the true action of a politician, has Bozeman that much closer to becoming Montana's first Criminal Sanctuary City. I thought it would have been Missoula though Bozeman beat them to the punch, save Bozeman's mayor who put a squash to it, that time...
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_b73cbfae-528d-5cc0-89eb-2756538183d9.html

Too close, FAR TOO CLOSE to pretend it could not happen in MT. Tester is slipping. Frustrating as I've voted for him the last two times though this factor alone is more important than my prior interests for darkening that ballot circle for him in the past.

Frustrating as I've voted for him the last two times though this factor alone is more important than my prior interests for darkening that ballot circle for him in the past.
Although your seemingly primary voting issue relative to "sanctuary cities" in Montana is recognized and respected, it can also be seen as a "non-issue" with relatively small impact to Montana and even to other areas. It also seems to ignore what has been the mantra of the Republican party in respecting local decisions of municipalities and other recognized geographical / political areas. 'Appears even contradictory.

My concern for the future of public lands in Montana and elsewhere after election of Rosendale hugely and exponentially exceeds concerns about the criminality of providing support and sanctuary for immigrants.
I believe you have the potential to influence Tester's attitudes about that issue ... but you will not influence the entrenched attitude of Rosendale regarding public lands.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back