Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Spring Bears.. the tally

21 days.. still at 15 bears.. fewest sightings in a spring for me ever. I love the springs when the snowpack is high and the obvious places where bears must feed fill up. Years like this are when having a rancher buddy with a dead cow pile would pay off... a true "spot" and stalk bear. :D

Is anybody else still getting out? I think I've got a couple more days to get out and look before I switch species. Have already seen some elk that will be bombers this fall. Grown up to the royal fork as of last night with big honking first threes..

I'm still looking. I agree on the slow year..especially the last couple of weeks. Everything is super green. I've made it a point to explore new areas this spring and that's been fun. Lots of elk and moose sightings lately. Saw a bachelor herd of 16 bulls the other night, a couple out to their 4ths.
I've got a couple more nights in me.

It has been an incredible bear season for me. I was able to make it into places I often cant get to until July. I lost count of how many I have seen so far but it is somewhere between 50 and 60 including about a dozen cubs.

I could only imagine the fun a guy could have had with a horse in the Scapegoat this last week. Hunt big old boars that have probably never seen a spring hunter in their life.

Back