OYOA Whiteboard 2012

I dont see nevada pronghorn?well worth the 16.50 app if your puttin in for other nevada tags,,,deadline in a few days.

I am on the waiting list, having drawn in 2007. Was a great hunt. Can't wait to get back in the game next year for NV antelope.

I am on the waiting list, having drawn in 2007. Was a great hunt. Can't wait to get back in the game next year for NV antelope.

You probably know this but you can but in for shorter than the ears. Just an option. Also with the Nevada dream hunts and silver state tags you can put in for that as well still for Antelope.

Hey Big Fin, now that draw results are coming in, what's the whiteboard look like these days?

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing the picture (and the one of the big boar you see tonight). ;)

Im jealus! I do alot more hunting then most but its never enough in mind. Think its safe to say were hunting junkies. Some day a doctor some where will give this addiction a name.but i pray they never find a cure

No love for the Midwest? .

Randy, per my previous offer-- maybe apply for a ND any deer tag in the future and I'll do my best to repay the favor. ND, particularly Western ND, is kinda no man's land- not Midwest anymore and not truly the West either. Definitely Western style hunting out there though with spot and stalk muley chasing. Archery is easy to draw (100% this year). Muley numbers are not great right now, but give it a year or two and things will look better. If interested, keep me in mind- it'd be fun to team up.

Here you go.

IMG_1978.JPG

A lot of these hunts would have the potential for two episodes, given we drew on party apps. the black ones at the top are the ones that I have yet to apply for. Use them as reminders, so hopefully I won't forget.

The ones in red are the tags we know we have as of now. Still waiting on NV, ID, CO, UT, MT (moose/goat/sheep), WY deer/antelope, and a few others.

Right now we are heavy on elk hunts and rifle hunts. Having two great moose tags is a great benefit to this year.

When we drew the MT and NM elk tags, that kind of took the OTC AZ Coues deer hunt off the board. I had been hoping to get that hunt on the docket for this year, but looks like it won't happen.

The schedule in Oct/Nov is looking very packed right now. So far, nothing in August, but hoping for archery mule deer in NV or UT. September is dedicated to Alaska moose.

The elk hunts are back-to-back-to-back. NM, MT, CO, with big hopes I reach the preference point threshold that will get me a CO deer tag to have in my pocket during the OTC elk hunt.

Given the points and/or hunts we applied for, I expect to get archery deer in NV, deer in ID, and antelope in WY.

Pretty sure I am a slam dunk for Montana bighorn, but didn't want to put that on the board, just yet. ;)

I wish i was heavy on elk tags,,,moose looks like that will be very interesting,,,have always wondered about a oyoa moose trip and how to go about logistics,ect of something like that,,,,maybe youll pull a loper tag yet,,,good luck on your other draws fin

Pretty sure I am a slam dunk for Montana bighorn, but didn't want to put that on the board, just yet. ;)

Hey, with the squaring of bonus points, you have a better chance than ever, right?

Looking forward to hearing about your 2012 hunts. Elk hunts in 4 different states, AK moose, and a MT deer hunt.... Sounds like a great fall.

Will be looking forward to all hunts. Will be waiting patiently to see what you draw in NV as I am there also. Good Luck and looking forward to some great hunts this season.

Here you go.

View attachment 29974

A lot of these hunts would have the potential for two episodes, given we drew on party apps. the black ones at the top are the ones that I have yet to apply for. Use them as reminders, so hopefully I won't forget.

The ones in red are the tags we know we have as of now. Still waiting on NV, ID, CO, UT, MT (moose/goat/sheep), WY deer/antelope, and a few others.

Right now we are heavy on elk hunts and rifle hunts. Having two great moose tags is a great benefit to this year.

When we drew the MT and NM elk tags, that kind of took the OTC AZ Coues deer hunt off the board. I had been hoping to get that hunt on the docket for this year, but looks like it won't happen.

The schedule in Oct/Nov is looking very packed right now. So far, nothing in August, but hoping for archery mule deer in NV or UT. September is dedicated to Alaska moose.

The elk hunts are back-to-back-to-back. NM, MT, CO, with big hopes I reach the preference point threshold that will get me a CO deer tag to have in my pocket during the OTC elk hunt.

Given the points and/or hunts we applied for, I expect to get archery deer in NV, deer in ID, and antelope in WY.

BIg Fin- Just a question; but do you think you would have fall's this "busy" if hunting was not a part of your employment? Reason I ask is that I could use a bit of perspective and hope. I'm way too ugly to ever be a TV personality nor would my life currently support me doing near enough hunting to try to be a writer. Both of which involve large amounts of time afield to do well in. However, I'm hoping that when I'm in a similar stage in life as you (career established, kids mostly raised) that I will be able to hunt a heck of a lot more than I am now. Can you give me any hope? I could die a happy man with a few falls like that...as long as I stay married afterwards... :eek:

Let me know if you have too much elk meat in your freezer and I will seriously meet you on your way back from AZ or NM. A family of 6 can never have too much elk!! :)

Disappointed that there is nothing regarding pronghorn on the board. :(

Come on out to Oregon and do a show or two! :) Never enough Roosevelt Elk or Blacktail shows on TV. Coastal Black Bear in the spring would be a good one too!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back