new bowstring ?s

nvhunter2

I need to get the bowstring on my boys bow replaced. I know NOTHING about bows, or at least i know very little. Are they easy enough to replace and get a new nock and peep sight on? Or am i better off taking it to a shop? Who has good replacement strings?

With out a bowpress and unless its a newer bowtech where you can back the limb bolts out far enough to relieve all tension off your string i would take it to a pro shop so they can tune and make sure the cams are timed

I would definately take it to an archery pro shop. Where are you located? I know a few good string makers in the Treasure Valley

I live in NV but i get to the Treasure Valley pretty often. Send me a pm if you want about the guys who are making the strings, can they install and tune also? I dont have a bow press but have access to one.
, just not sure how to go about lining up the nock and the sight.

pretty simple actually measure length right now from center of cam pin to center of knocking point than do the same to center of peep as long as there is not to much string stretch hopefully that helps i alway keep little notes like that for my bows for emergencies u never know also mark ur cams so u know where they are timed and tuned

I would definately take it to an archery pro shop. Where are you located? I know a few good string makers in the Treasure Valley

Do tell. I got my first bow in March and have been dealing with a turning peep since August. I didn't want to replace the strings just before hunting season because it still shot so good. I will be replacing them this winter / spring sometime so I have a full summer to get it back where I want it. I was planning on getting winners choice strings but I would have to drive to Boise to get them anyway so if there is a better option I'd be interested to hear it.

JUst take my advise and order a set from first string you wont be diapointed.Have a good proshop put them on shoot the string in 100 shots or so have it rechecked and you wont have to touch it again for a long time.

please do post up the contact info. I'm looking to replace my wifes and my bow strings this winter.

The guy that works on my bow is named Tom Parkinson. His company is called Park-N-Sons Archery. He is very precise when he makes your strings and he does not let you leave until your bow is shooting bullet holes. He is located in Mt. Home (an hour from my home) and I hate the drive, but it is worth it. "My bow" won 11 out of the 13 tournament that I competed in last year. That included an NFAA indoor state title and a NFAA 3-D state title as well as winning the 3rd leg of the IBO. He is a great guy and takes pride in his work. His number is 208-598-2058 -- I did call and ask him if it was OK to post his number. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the reply. That's 45 minutes closer than Boise I'll have to check it out.

I need to get the bowstring on my boys bow replaced. I know NOTHING about bows, or at least i know very little. I need custom colored limbsaver proton bowstrings. Are they easy enough to replace and get a new nock and peep sight on? Or am i better off taking it to a shop? Who has good replacement strings?

Deinitely take it to an archery shop that has professionals there that to help you. I am located in northern pennsylvania and instead of going to a shop I actually went online and got mine replaced. If you call those sites they can help you out no problem. Most of you probably don't know your yoke or draw lengths that you would want the strings measured to so just call em up!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back