Montana Deer - Most important hunt of the season

Your grandpa?
Who's old now...this thread? Randy?
I actually just read it for the first time myself. Some people don't understand that building a relationship with landowners is difficult and takes time and respect on both ends...no walk in the park.
Also I hope that when I'm old I have a young guy like Randy to help me out.

I know I will probably catch some flack about this not being on public land. Frankly, I don't really care. If there are viewers who cannot see this episode for all that it shows of what hunting means to friends and procuring food, then they should probably change the channel. Hunting and the friendships it has provided me is what I want to emphasize in this episode. It is very possible that nothing will even get shot. Yet, the relationship of the people involved and how hunting has bound that together is the story for the day.
And in the process, I hope Neil and I laugh as loud and long as we always do when the three of us are together. If we can capture all of that on film, it will be an episode well worth airing. In the day of whitetail TV being about inches, tactics, supplemental feeding, even shooting pens, ...... I want to show that whitetails - "The People's Deer," can provide an different experience.

Great story. I love your perspective. You have to cherish those friendships that mean so much to you. Cheers!

Last edited:
For any who did not see this when it first aired, you can catch it at this YouTube link below.

[video=youtube_share;Qi5IhlJJNiM]https://youtu.be/Qi5IhlJJNiM?list=PLLdxutimd-JsDsjt6qJIbJe5kQgvgAhw7[/video]

Now that we have a YouTube channel, we are thinking of putting the entire adult-language segment where I hid Ole's tag. It would be shown as "adult" so that people would know it before they started watching. Only down side is that such videos with "adult" can lower your YouTube ranking.

Back