Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How Old Is Your Bow?

Shoot a Mathews Creed XS, bought it new a little over 3 years ago and can't say enough good things about it. Only thing I plan on changing is the sights and figuring out what I did wrong on my drop away. I recently sold my backup bow, Switchback XT, I'm a lefty and had a friend who is also a lefty and wanted to start but with used equipment so I parted ways with the old bow. I don't have any plans on getting a new bow, but I wouldn't pass on a solid lefty used rig as a backup.

I'm shooting a Mathews that I got about when this thread was first started. Love the bow and see no real need to upgrade in the near future. Bowhunting is primarily a freezer filling venture between waterfowl hunting in the fall anyways.

I carry a custom longbow from 1988. That stick shoots better now than it did the day it was made.

2012 Bear Motive 6, 70# limbs.

It took a while for me to figure it out, I enjoy it now but it is not terribly forgiving with a 6" brace height.

Parker Buck Hunter, I think from 2005? New string this year, looking at upgrading the rest and sight from the $20 specials I currently have. Also joined a league to put me around better archers than myself.

Adjusted my form, shooting 4" groups at 40 as of Sunday.

2004 Hoyt ultratech. still shoots awesome at 72 lbs. no reason to buy new when the one i have works awesome.

Matthews DXT, 2007/08(?) for me. Soon as season ends replacing the string and putting on a drop away. Love that bow!

I have a Hoyt Mystic Rebel, it think? I bought it in about 1997 and I've shot probably a dozen deer with it over the years. It's a classic for sure

Back