How Old Is Your Bow?

I just got a Darton Maverick from 2002. Haha I’m going to get some new strings and give this archery thing a test! My buddies just laugh at me, but if I can put something on the ground I should get the last laugh.

Over 15 years. I haven't shot in in probably 10 years of so. Hoping to pick up a new one later this year for archery elk in 2019 or 2020.

Just got a new to me 2010 that I’m excited to get shooting. Was able to pass along my old bow to my brother who recently stationed in AZ for an elk hunt he’s working on.

I might get the award for the oldest bow here?
I'm using a 1986 PSE. I also shoot it with fingers, (no release). I finally quit shooting aluminum arrows out of it too. No hi tech sights or other frills either.
I must personify "old school"?

My bow is a "NewWave" something or another. The company was a lefthand bow specific company and I think they are out of business. I found it at a bow shop for $50 with a busted cam. Sent it back to the company and they fixed it for free.

I still shoot a PSE BEAST I bought around 2001. I know it is not the fastest or the most quiet but I really like shooting it and have taken many decent bucks with it.

I'm shooting an 2009 hoyt alphamax I picked up off a friend limbs had a small splinter so I got replacement limbs and changed out everything on it to make it quieter.I have no plans on a new bow anytime soon

Mine dates back to about 1969 or 79... So, call it 48+ yrs. I don't see a reason to "up grade" (is that even possible today?)

Been shooting my Mathews MQ1 since ‘97 and she’s still get’n it done. I can’t bring myself to buy another. We’ve killed 8 bulls and 2 Muley bucks together and it just seems like I’d be cheating on her if I picked up another bow.

Shot a 2004 60lb Diamond Black Ice, but I recently picked up a 2016 Hoyt Defiant "Demo Bow" w/ 65lb Limbs on super discount and loving every shot with it. I also won a 2017 PSE Drive-R on a raffle, but that thing hardly ever leaves the case

I shoot a 2013 PSE Stinger 3G, I've been tempted to buy a new bow but can't justify it as the PSE has been nothing but good to me. Sounds like a lot of people feel the same way about their bows

Since 1979 I've owned 3 compound bows. At age 16 I bought my first compound bow, a Jennings Shooting Star. I replaced it with a PSE Polaris sometime around 1995. Then in 2007 I went to buy some arrows for my PSE and walked out with a Matthews Drenalin and that's what I shoot still.

Attachments

• 20140808_060043.jpg
    20140808_060043.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 57
I have a 2013 Bowtech Carbon Knight my wife bought me for our wedding. Love that bow and that women! I also have a 1998 Jennings G2

Also I've been shooting the same shotgun since the late 70s. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.....or replace it. Since 2014 it has been in a kayak in the Bering Sea every year.

Attachments

• 20171212_110235.jpg
    20171212_110235.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back