Episode #5 - New Mexico Archery Elk

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This week, will be a public land archery elk hunt from New Mexico. It is my favorite episode of the season. A spot and stalk kill on a very nice 6X7 bull at TWO yards.

Hope you enjoy it.

To read the day by day post, click this link.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=243929

Sportsman Channel airtimes are:

Monday 7:00 am (MOUNTAIN TIME)
Wednesday 11:30 pm
Thursday 7:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am

IMG_5635.JPG

Watched it this morning and at first I thought you missed, but then he fell over. :) great stalk and some really good up close footage.

An episode preview put together by Sportsman Channel.

http://bcove.me/ibmxwhvt

I had no idea that is what they planned to do with this stuff when they had me in front of the cameras. Oh well, better work on my make up and hair for the next one. :)

Great show Randy, cudos to your camera man also! Great footage. Keep up the good work and have a great fall in the woods. This show got my blood boiling! Big John

Awesome!

Really like the footage you are able to get in that open country. More of this please.

The up close encounters in that type of terrain are better than anything else on TV.

Troy: you are a stud cameraman/field producer.

Big Fin, Awesome episode. I got up at 5:30am California time to watch the episode. I am new to hunting in the past year, since my 15 year old son turned me onto it. I love it and love your show. your show is a true approach to doing it yourself. I get so tired of watching the shows where they put out feed or build food plots or hunt at a pre determined watering hole. your style of hunitng is what i want my son to learn to do. Do it yourself and take what you get. Keep it up buddy, you are a rock star in my house...

Great Episode! I watched last night from the DVR. Only downside is it's not in HD here on Comcast in CO.

What an awesome hunt! First bringing those raghorns in, then a friggen 2yd shot. Wow! It's nice to know someone does it ethical and gets rewarded.

Great Show. Nice to see the cut up and pack out getting a little air time as well as the camera man. Packing that big bull out in high heat and under the weather to protect the meat was a great message to send. These are things not covered by other programs but every ethical hunter must think of. Great Work.

Thanks, for the kind comments guys. This one was a great episode. Not sure I will ever again find such a cooperative elk. Guess he wanted to be a TV star.

If you look in that picture, you will see a lot of great habitat in the background. Much of that has been improved by funding of projects by RMEF and by volunteer hours of RMEF members. I actually searched the list of New Mexico projects and looked to see where the most recent work had been done.

Kind of cool to go these spots and see the work our money does, on the ground. A good reason for me to be a Life Member.

Great Show. Nice to see the cut up and pack out getting a little air time as well as the camera man. Packing that big bull out in high heat and under the weather to protect the meat was a great message to send. These are things not covered by other programs but every ethical hunter must think of. Great Work.

Thanks, Strut. I agree. Being able to show people what they have signed on for when they archery hunt in hot weather is a valuable piece of information. I wanted people know what kind of effort it takes to keep an animal from spoiling in the heat of September.

Nice to be on a network that will let us show that. In the past, we could not show such "offensive" images. Really, I am not making that up. That is why you did not see it in the past. We might be able to sneak a game bag in a scene, so long as it was clean.

Lots of stuff we can do now, that we couldn't do in the past. Most importantly, now we can do a wolf hunt.

Big fin great show and great bull. Can't wait for your hunt this year down there, you are in for another treat! can't wait to see that show!!!! Congrats to ya!

Big Fin, pardon the pun, but your show is the only one that gets to the meat of hunting. Just finished watching the NM bow hunt, great job to you and your crew.

Awesome episode! it got my heart pumping and love the way you guys left the rack there until the end and got the meat out first, instead of the rack being the first thing getting packed out, like every other show host would do. Great job! Can't wait till next episode

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back