Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dying Breed

I got a Winchester 1872 in 32-20 that I hunt with on occasion and I also have an 1894 in 30-30.

I have a Ithaca model 72 saddle gun.22. I've had this gun for 40 years. A lot of squirrels and rabbits have fallen to this little LA.

I hunt deer in Ohio with an original 1893 Marlin in .38-55. Its a family gun and will never leave my hands....

Love the old lever guns!!!

There's the ole gal in the background
IMG_2352.jpg

Last edited:
I have killed several deer with a Marlin .444. I love hunting with that gun. I have a picture of it somewhere if I can find it.

BLR-.308......... Those words when said together, even sound "right". Though it has been some time since I have leveled her at a deer. She'll be come West this fall even if only as back-up!

A month ago I purchased my first lever action! It's a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington, it was a one owner rifle, and to my surprise had never been fired. I ran the serial numbers to find out it was produced in the early 80's, has the JM stamped micro-groove barrel on it. I have yet to shoot it, been busy collecting ammo for it, but that day will come!

I had a buddy with a Henry levergun shoot a hole through the rear windshield of my pickup about 2 foot from my head a couple years back . Havent really had the interest to touch one since.

Shot a few early on but felt too many moving parts to ever be as accurate as Mauser action. I also like pointy bullets more for accuracy than round-nosed. Fun to play the Rifleman, though.

Living in Ohio, for now, I'm limited as to rifle options (straight wall cartridges only). Fortunately I once lived in Florida and chased pigs with a vengeance.

Thus my Ruger 66 44 Mag. Great little lever rifle to climb into a blind, or sneak around the swamp with.

It's the rifle my Dad (RIP) used to notch the tag on his last big game freezer filler!

30-30 Winchester was my first deer rifle (bought it with my paper route money, much to my mom's chagrin - after all it was she who said if you want to buy a rifle get a job and earn it). And I bought a Henry's 22 Golden Boy a few years ago, after getting some feed issues straightened out, it's one of the most fun way to burn through a couple of boxes of 22 shells I know.

I had a buddy with a Henry levergun shoot a hole through the rear windshield of my pickup about 2 foot from my head a couple years back . Havent really had the interest to touch one since.

You need to avoid that buddy more than that style of rifle.

My grandfather bought both my little brother and I a Winchester model 94 when we were born and that was our 16th birthday present (legal age to hunt deer at the time) I still have it and still like to take it out every now and then.

I have had several over the years,from a Win '92 in 32/20 to the one that is always in my truck, a Win '94 in 30-30.
Took my 1st dozen or so bucks,2 bulls & dozens of pigs with it.
I think I need a Henry in 44 or a 45/70.............for the reason NHY stated.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back