MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

"True Grit"

I didn't think I'd say this because I usually hate remakes but this one is worth seeing......

I would never go to see a remake of "A Christmas story" but looking forward to seeing true grit remake...

I understand your point... Though I would relate to having a tough time seeing a remake of - "White Christmas"... To see another portray the master, Bing Crosby... I would feel I violated Christmas tradition! Haha!

Have not seen it, but what ever happened to originality? It seems half of the movies that come out are remakes. I will wait for the DVD on Netflix as I'm done supporting remakes in the theater.

I'm going to see it, I like westerns with "grit", and this one looks like a winner.

Have not seen it, but what ever happened to originality? It seems half of the movies that come out are remakes. .

Hollywood is completely void of new ideas.
The powers that be in the American entertainment industry are idiots, and the whole industry is nothing more than a self serving circle jerk.
They can think of almost nothing new, so the best ideas often are re-makes.

Well worth the money. If you like westerns with colorful characters, this is a good one.

I'm going to see it, I like westerns with "grit", and this one looks like a winner.

Hollywood is completely void of new ideas.
The powers that be in the American entertainment industry are idiots, and the whole industry is nothing more than a self serving circle jerk.
They can think of almost nothing new, so the best ideas often are re-makes.

Exactly. And many times the remake or movie version of a tv series is lame, aside from more advanced special effects. There are actually a lot of new ideas for movies but Hollywood, like Corporate America, fears the untested. Accountability is for suckers, I guess. Much easier to play it safe.

I look forward to the new True Grit as I'm a Coen bros fan, but I hardly ever go anymore. Usually, the only part of the movie I haven't figured out half way through is the mystery of why I paid $10 to see it.

Just exited the theatre ... very enjoyable! Great characters! Damon/bridges and that gal... she brought extreme reality to the movie... look forward to future movies w/ her. Good stuff!

You guys are way off base. There are plenty of new movies that are great. There were plenty of old movies back in the day that flopped, you just don't remember them. They keep remaking the old classics for the same reason they keep chambering guns in 30-06.

Want to see a couple of great movies that came out this year? Watch:

Inception
The Town
Crazy Heart
Shutter Island

I just went to go see it with my wife. Got there 20 minutes early and only found a seat on the second row:eek: We left and got tickets for the the next one. I don't want to watch action and horses with my neck kinked for 1.5 hours. Will update after the later show.

Yep, pretty good. I'm glad they stuck pretty close to the old script, but Bridges was a Much Funnier drunk as Rooster !!

Thought it was good. I never saw the original but this is a good western and enjoyed the fact that they weren't using the F word. I hate the "modern" westerns that have that language. I can't wait to watch it again because it for sure had some one liners in it. I'll have to try that rope trick for keeping snakes out of camp:D

I still haven't watched the original all the way thur. Just don't think it was that great a western.I do like Jeff Bridges so when it comes to TV I'll watch it.
I don't go to the movies and don't buy or rent DVD's, although I did get a copy of uncut Bad Santa from Santa this year. Can't help it my wife knows that stupid movie makes me laugh.
I love real westerns and did a search and found a site that picked my all time favorite as #1.
Shane
http://www.westernwriters.org/best_westerns.htm
My #2,The Ox Bow Incident, didn't make their movie list but they liked the book. I'll have to read a book some day.:D

My 16 year old son took his girl the other night to see it. He said it wasn't that good .Now I'm not sure which one he was talking about.

Well I am way late for this thread but mw Wife and I just went to see it this weekend and I thought it was pretty good. The only thing I saw was that apparently Bridges can't ride a horse and operate a lever gun at the same time. Well I know I know he plays the Duke, but he's not the Duke!!lol

The Winchester scene was a big part of the original when I heard they left it out I decided to wait for the DVD.

Wife and I saw this tonight and we both loved it. Actors were great imo and of course anything from the Coen brothers is awesome. Alot of laughs for a western. Some great one liners as well. I think it's a definite must see.

i cant wait to see it. i love the original with duvall, wayne, and campbell. hopefully the in-laws will make the trip over donner and watch my lil one so the warden and i can have a date night. although i have seen all of the duke movies and love them all, its hard to believe our definition of a cowboy (john wayne) was afraid of horses. i have to say my favorite western actor would have to be sam elliott

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back