Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Camo Truck Kits

curved

Has anyone used camo vinyl like this - www.camo4u.com - I am looking at doing a camo accent on my truck, but I am wondering how hard it is to install the wraps yourself...

I think it's really easy to install, but that's what i do for a living and have been doing it for 15 years. If you get the kit and are uncomfortable with installation, find a local sign place or tint place and they can probably do it. If you do it yourself, you need a heat gun to help it along. Try not to overstretch it. The accents (wheel wells, rocker panels, etc.) are a bit easier to install than a whole truck wrap. Good Luck, let me know if you have any questions

Don't you really want a vinyl truck wrap with a picture Lee and Tiff on the side of your truck. They are selling them on christmas discount at their website...

I think it's really easy to install, but that's what i do for a living and have been doing it for 15 years. If you get the kit and are uncomfortable with installation, find a local sign place or tint place and they can probably do it. If you do it yourself, you need a heat gun to help it along. Try not to overstretch it. The accents (wheel wells, rocker panels, etc.) are a bit easier to install than a whole truck wrap. Good Luck, let me know if you have any questions

Interesting - good tips re: sign / tint shops... Being you have done such - what would be a fair market price?

I was thinking of a very subtle camo line along the base... such as this pic (provided from the link in the OP)
vak1530s.jpg

do they have just pictures of Tiffany? not sure how the gf would take me having Lee on my truck:D

I always thought camo on trucks is taking the road hunting thing a bit too far.

Get out of the rig and get far enough away you don't need the camo truck.

Sytes, install should be from $50-$100, probably take 1-2 hours and then the cost of the camo vinyl. I haven't looked at the price of Camo vinyl lately, so I don't know what that is going for right now. Rockers are probably one of the easiest things on a truck to do.

I always thought camo on trucks is taking the road hunting thing a bit too far.

Get out of the rig and get far enough away you don't need the camo truck.

Haha! Now that is good stuff! JC cracked a funny! :D

Thanks for the info B Devil. - Least I have a ball park figure to estimate.

NHY - Haha! That why Sitka costs soooo freekin much? NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think paying $1K+ for a camo clothing setup to "hunt wabbits..." was remotely reasonable. Meh, guess if I had that kind of free willy money laying around - Might as well...

Ah I see Curved is spamming another site with his "stickers" . Hey why don't you outfit Randy's rig before you come in here trying to drum up business?

Blue devil, you are ok though....thanks for the info.

JC that is the first thing i've ever agreed with you on...

I like the idea of a fully camo'd truck, just not sure if I have the grapes to do it. As for the road hunting comment, I don't road hunt, I just like the camo look on my truck. More of a graphics accent....

I think the rocker panel and/or fender flare treatment is pretty cool for those so inclined, moreso on white trucks.

JC most likely opts for the rainbow motif to personalize his Suburban.

well I decided to go with the full camo wrap kit from Camo4u - doing the install later this week....

Back