Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Where have all the elk gone?????

Mudranger1

I have lost track of the elk here in Colorado!! Ive been up high, been down low and can't seem to find anything but old dried up sign... I've seen mulies, turkeys (which I couldn't find in during turkey season) and even a few bears (had one within 15 yards of me yesterday). I'm new I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I saw this week, I'd say look high. I saw them with bighorns.

Yep, I didn't see a single rack on a trailer all the way from Steamboat to Reno. There was a dandy one though, inside the burger/beer joint we stopped at in Steamboat...;)

We saw 16 bulls this past week in Colorado. 11 of the 16 were over 300 class bulls and half of those were 340 to 390+. Every single one of the bulls we saw were over 10,000 feet and very few cows. Nice thing was, most of the bulls were easy to call in because they were searching hard for the cows that were far and few between. I passed on easy shots on some 300 to 320 class bulls but now heading back to Montana with an empty truck. It isn't too often though that you can see a 390+ monster bull in kill range during season though:)

The hunters we saw said they weren't finding any elk but the elk are there, you just need to keep looking. In 7 days of hunting, there was only one day that i could NOT have killed a bull.

Good Luck! Hope you find em!

Well up until Tuesday I hadn't seen an elk all season! Had a couple close calls on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Had a calf at about 20 yards Saturday night but didn't feel the need to shoot a calf. Going to be having some soup

Attachments

• tagsoup.jpg
    tagsoup.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 130

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back