Caribou Gear

Episode Seven - Alaska Black Bear

alaska

watched show 3 times over already.doing a alaska diy was excellent. that type of a hunt seems to me exactly what type of alaska coastal bear hunt should be like.do you have any info on some of the issues with the hunt?where do you get the boat rented from? setting up the cabin rental from the forest service?logistics of float plane? I would love to do that type of trip ,does the forest service have other cabin sites available? put me on your list,would love to get a chance to do a trip like that, maybe one of those bears could go down by muzzleloader.What a great episode for a diy alaska style oyoa trip.

Super show Randy! Maybe the most entertaining "non-kill' hunting show I've ever seen. I really liked they way you worked in the challenges of filming a true wilderness adventure without losing the fact that you were there to hunt.

watched show 3 times over already.doing a alaska diy was excellent. that type of a hunt seems to me exactly what type of alaska coastal bear hunt should be like.do you have any info on some of the issues with the hunt?where do you get the boat rented from? setting up the cabin rental from the forest service?logistics of float plane? I would love to do that type of trip ,does the forest service have other cabin sites available? put me on your list,would love to get a chance to do a trip like that, maybe one of those bears could go down by muzzleloader.What a great episode for a diy alaska style oyoa trip.

Dan - If you go to the thread where we did the planning and play by play, all that information is there. That link is referred to in the first post of this thread.

Randy, watched the show, I've enjoyed all of the episodes.
Me, my brother, and my buddy stayed in that very cabin and hunted DIY for bears and wolves; our adventure of a lifetime.
You probably saw us in the log in Aug-Sep '08.
We dealt with the tides and getting the boat stranded sometimes.
We're planning Antelope in WY next year.
Keep up the great show!

Just picked my son's black bear rug up from the taxidermist and will deliver it to Kansas City. Alaska has produced memories for a lifetime for me.

Randy, hope I can see the show one day.

Randy - watched the show and it is one of my favorites also. In my opinion, you have without a doubt the best hunting program on television.

Randy,
You looked rushed in this episode and not your normal relaxed demeanor. I know you enjoyed the hunt and I too am looking forward to a visit to this area after I retire next year. I may choose the boat stay and come ashore to hunt so I can be 'taken care of'. We'll see.

Alaska bear huntin

I thought the show was great!! Its nice to see that you were willing to come home empty handed as opposed to taking an animal that wasn't quite what you were looking for, I have only seen your show twice now but I'm hooked! Thanks for such a great show, keep up the great work! Oh and I'm game for some Alaska spring bear!!!:D

You really got me pumped up for AK with that episode. I'm heading up there for a DIY caribou hunt out of Kotzebue in 21 days. I can hardly sleep.

Back