Charity Watchdog Ranks the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

noharleyyet

July 13, 2010.

From the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation:

For the second year in a row, America’s premier charity watchdog has given its highest marks to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Only 21 percent of all U.S. charities have attained Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for two or more consecutive years. The achievement denotes RMEF’s exceptional ability to manage and grow finances—a key factor for donors selecting top-performing conservation organizations for philanthropic gifts.

Ratings data show RMEF spends just 6.7 percent on administrative costs, and 3 percent on fundraising costs. Therefore, more than 90 cents of every dollar that RMEF spends goes directly to its mission of ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat.

Charity Navigator President and CEO Ken Berger wrote, “Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way, and outperforms most other charities in America. This ‘exceptional’ designation from Charity Navigator differentiates Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation from its peers and demonstrates to the public it is worthy of their trust.”

To review ratings of all charitable organizations, visit www.charitynavigator.org.

Details on the RMEF rating are at the link/URL below: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4406

Profiled by Forbes, Business Week and Kiplinger’s Financial Magazine, Charity Navigator estimates that it annually evaluates 10 times more charities than its nearest competitor, attracts more online visitors than all other rating groups combined, and influenced over $10 billion in charitable gifts over the past year

Thats pretty cool. Not many orgs can say they put 90 cents of each dollar on the ground. I wonder what GSCO and SFW put on the ground ?

I wonder what GSCO and SFW put on the ground ?

Now that is a good question. I suspect we would all have a good laugh if that question was answered, though we know it never will be.

Congrats to RMEF. They have been working very hard to overcome some bad leadership decisions from 3-8 years ago. I wish them all the luck, and support them whenever I can.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back