Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Episode Two - Montana Bighorn

It hink of all the episodes from season one and so far this season this was the best episode i have seen to date keep up the good work guys you are really on your way to a golden moose award.

You absolutely hit it out of the park with this episode! Excellent work Randy.
How great it must have been for Vaughn to get to spend 3 weeks in that county.
It is an odd realization to think of 'Flare' as a 2nd choice ram, Tank must have been truely exceptional.
Congrats

Excellent episode, loved that Vaughn was able to spend all the time he did looking for "the ram". Tank was truly an amazing sheep, but I don't know how he ever walked by "Flare". Vaughn has way more composure with that tag in his pocket then I ever would. Kudo's on a great episode Big Fin.

I agree with what everyone else is posting. Vaughn is a big stud to hold out that long and still connect on a great ram. That is a total shame with what happened to Tank. From the show it seemed like Vaughn had some pretty good details about the guys in the river boats. Have you heard if they had caught the guys yet? Were they mad that you fondled the evidence? Does Montana let you keep the heads after an investigation has been done?

I do agree this is one of the best shows I have seen on the OC. Keep up the good work.

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but man that show was great! Great filmography, great interviews and excellent information for the public. It was just the right mixture of everything on top of it being a show on one of the most prestigious animals to hunt.

Vaughn was a rock to be out there as long as he was and be take his time as well as put up with the peer pressure (Randy :)) to shoot an animal. I believe he got everything possible out of his hunt.

Glad you guys like it. I liked it, but I am kind of biased about our episodes, so I use you guys as a true sounding board.

I will probably ask that this one be nominated for a Golden Moose in the Best Big Game category.

Now if only the folks at Outdoor Channel feel the same way you guys feel. ;)

[email protected]

Look forward to hearing what other guys think when they see it on Friday and/or Sunday.

I saw this the other night, good episode. I was wondering though why you don't take skull and horns you find? I assume it must be against the law or something, but then why is it legal to take sheds off public land? Or is that not legal either, but we all do it :)

Sheds are fair game, bighorn are different. If you find a dead sheep you have to report it to F&G, then they investigate it, if it is deemed to be natural death you can keep it, if non natural they keep it.

Probably my favorite episode so far. Hearing at the end the that Tank was poached made me sick. Flare was a heck of a sheep though.

Thanks for the Outdoor Channel link Randy. Just sent them a message.

Sheds are fair game, bighorn are different. If you find a dead sheep you have to report it to F&G, then they investigate it, if it is deemed to be natural death you can keep it, if non natural they keep it.

it's illegal to possess a bighorn sheep head/horn picked up in the wild. That's straight from the regs. I wouldn't be caught packing a skull around unless you want trouble. I had an employees brother show up to work with a ram skull he found while spring bear hunting. He didn't know and quickly went to F&G with it. He got a good lecture but they didn't press any charges.

I believe it is illegal to pick up sheds in the CMR as well.

really enjoyed 1st season and bighorn episode i just seen was great too,was that the new season start or have i missed a show? any upcoming hunts gonna be in oregon?

it's illegal to possess a bighorn sheep head/horn picked up in the wild. That's straight from the regs. I wouldn't be caught packing a skull around unless you want trouble. I had an employees brother show up to work with a ram skull he found while spring bear hunting. He didn't know and quickly went to F&G with it. He got a good lecture but they didn't press any charges.

I know what the regs say, I just said it a different way. I know a guy that found a ram head, told F&G and when they decided it was a natural death they plugged it just like one you shoot and he got to keep it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back