Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Episode Two - Montana Bighorn

This episode re-airs again this week. I just watched it on DVD tonight. That was one hell of a hunt. Not sure if we will ever have an episode that is even close to this for intrigue and absolute pinnacle of the North American hunting dream. And, the quality of the rams, the story line, and the videography is some of the best work we have done.

We submitted this one to Outdoor Channel for the Professional Panel Judging Golden Moose Awards. There is a series of awards that are NOT fan voting, but a panel of professional judges. Last year, four of our five submissions we selected as Top Five finalists.

If this one doesn't make it as a finalist, I will demand a re-count of the panel votes. But then, we are "accent neutral" and did not use an electric buggy to haul him out, so I think we are starting at a disadvantage.

IMG_4603.JPG

That doesn't matter to me. This is one of my favorite episodes. Right up there with the elk episode with the older dissabled gentleman.Hope to see you in S.D. this next year.

Preface my next statement with this, my family says I watch way too many 'outdoor' shows.

That was the best hunt I have ever watched on TV, and is the reason I came to this forum (to find more info on the hunt). After watching that particular episode, I have become a fan of the show and can't wait to see more and will probably be a lurker on the forum as well.

Thanks for some REAL hunting and hunting info!

Randy, thought I would let you know, Jason watched this and felt the pain of that ram getting passed up as well. He was beside himself! He was very happy to finally be able to see what I had tried to explain. He and all his uncles had a big discussion about it on new years' day. Pretty funny to listen in on it.

I killed a 183 ram in the breaks - area 482 and looked at quite a few better rams before settling for the one I got on the last day. I love him, but had flair been standing around, I'd have killed flare - probably on day one!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back