Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

My 2016 goat. Unit 29-2, DIY on a private ranch.

My father and 2 uncles went on this trip after my father and I went the year before. I am a certified antelope junkie now! What a fun animal to hunt. My father and one of my uncles shot theirs within the first hour of the hunt. They probably should have been more patient as we saw some really great goats throughout the day. My other uncle shot his later in the afternoon and I was still looking. I was being very picky as I wanted a Biggin'. I was really hoping for a wide one on this trip. Me and one of my uncles chased a huge goat that was tall with a lot of mass and one of his hooks pointed to the front and the other to the back. We watched him fight another buck then push a doe until we couldn't see him anymore. Never saw him again.

After my uncle shot his in the afternoon I almost called it a day so we could go take care of his back at the cabin but at the last second I wanted to check a place out that we never made it to the year before. We made it to th last place we could go before we had to turn around and we glasses this guy up at about 1000 yards out. I could tell he had mass and was wide so I made my stalk as he crested over a hill. I got to 260 yards and spotted him. I got prone and held just a little high and sent one off. I heard the Thwap and got back on him through the scope. He dropped within a few seconds. I knew he was good but not this good. We were all pumped and celebrated that night. He was 17-3/4" wide

I can't wait to go back!

y

Last edited:
IMG_1136.jpg

Aubrey Coggin's 1st and only Antelope! Got em on August 18th 2016. Passed away May 2017. RIP buddy!

Xxkj631.jpg

70 yd shot on public land OTC tag in Colorado this past weekend. My first archery antelope, spot and stalk. Really gratifying and can't wait to try out some speed goat meat! Hopefully the picture attaches...I'm new to the forum.DSC02922.jpg

20170928_073233.jpg

If you watch our Sitka Blacktail episodes, you will recognize the custom Hawken rifle, the beard, and maybe the hunter. Jim took this buck yesterday in Wyoming with a .58 caliber round ball at 105 yards.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back