Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

That looks like a big goat too.

Here's my best archery antelope. I skipped opening day of archery elk to try for this guy.. Got a great 30yard shot at sundown. Net scored 82 6/8.
DSC_00112.jpg

03MTlopeKurt.jpg

Last edited:
This isn't a photo, but a four minute video clip my son shot as I stalked a buck in New Mexico. This was the pre-OYOA days. We were assigned a marginal ranch, but the owner was a great guy. He came up and talked to Matthew as the filming was going on. You can hear them talking in the video.

He was a nice buck, but nothing too exciting. The best we saw on the ranch. He actually got chased over to us from an outfitted place and decided he needed a mid-morning siesta.
IMG_1808.JPG

Matthew had shot this buck earlier in the morning, when it looked like we would be lucky to even shoot a buck.
IMG_1818.JPG

Wyoming 2005 - The strangest buck I have shot. Not like some of the ones you guys have posted pics of (Van Franke coming most to mind), but when I saw him, I dropped pursuit of a bigger buck and went after this one. Couldn't get the timer working on my camera, so had to take the pic without me.

IMG_0035.JPG

Pat, this one was taken about 3 miles east of there also..

3rd choice buck, opening AM.. madhouse with hunters. I didn't know if buck #1 or #2 were dead or not, and with all the shooting going on I decided to shoot this one. Found out Buck #1 was killed the next day, 83+. Buck #2 was alive the next year, but had a stunted horn. Opening day of lope season can stink.
000007MTPronghorn2.jpg

I love freaky ones..especially the big freaky ones. I have a solid wall of great goats in my trophy room, but this one has a special place above the fireplace, definitely my favorite buck.
02FreakMTA.jpg

02FreakMTB.jpg

02FreakMTC.jpg

02KurtMTlope.jpg

02KurtMTlope2.jpg

FIrst good one...

This one should go under the photo regrets section... great buck... poor picture.

Attachments

• antelope2.jpg
    antelope2.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 2,842
Kurt, I agree about opening day usually being over run with people and a zoo......I've killed almost all of my good bucks later. Nothing bad about #3....grin!

That is quite the spot out there for antelope. I've seen a lot of big bucks in that country over the years. I dont hunt out there anymore but pass through once in awhile....neat country.

Randy, you guys have done well killing some damn nice bucks! Taking the boys along rocks!! Well done!!

scan0021.jpg

Another one..

Didn't think I had any pics of this buck, but found some that a friend has scanned for me. Kind of like Dinkshooter's pre-digital days.

My best MT buck. Treasure County walk-in only area. Too bad the driver's side doesn't match the passenger side. Would have made the awards book, if it had. Big side scores 2.25" better than the weak side.

Oh well, I was still one happy guy. Wow, 1998 seems like a long time ago.
49320083-1.JPG

This buck was actually bumped to me by a guy who seems to shoot a lot of archery elk, and when he watched me shoot the buck, he had to come over for inspection. This side picture, with him holding the buck, shows the huge difference in the two horns. Have yet to see a buck with such a disparity between his horns, as this buck has.
49320084.JPG

Son with his 2006 pronghorn. Would have been some very cool video, but the old man really screwed it up. Had the camera on the wrong buck, and had the audio input stuck into the headphone jack. So, no audio, and completely missed a bang flop shot that followed a great two hundred yard belly crawl. Sorry Matthew.

You think I would have learned by then, how much filming can screw up your hunts.

IMG_0555.JPG

Randy was that really 98? I think it was actually in 2001 because I'm pretty sure this picture was taken on the same day. And quit kidding people about some walk-in place.. it was on Big Shooter's place. Great place to take a lope.. and a cow.
burns.jpg

Last edited:
After twelve years, I finally drew Nevada. 2007 - Sheldon Antelope Range.

Breaks Runner probably recognizes the guy helping me. And, one of the two guys behind this camera was the same "Tom" fellow in post #2 of this thread. We were also joined by a guy who is the videographer for the FNAWS TV show. What a great time we had, even if we only had one tag.

Only antelope I have ever shot at 8,000'. And by far the fattest buck I have shot.
IMG_1776.JPG

Lucked out and found some taxidermy work for this one that I really like, and now I am starting to do them all like this, until I run out of floor space to place them in.
IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

I think that guy's killed at least one or ten of everything, then decided he enjoys taking down 400 inch elk the best.

Some friends shot these that same weekend you shot that buck..
2002MikeMT.jpg

Coy.jpg

2002BobMTlope.jpg

Last edited:
Randy that is a sweet buck!! lots of everything to look at on that one....I've hunted the Sheldon Refuge twice...both times with Tom and as a tag along...that place is special!!

That mount is incredible!!

scan0035-2.jpg

Back