Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Default Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

Come on all you "Goat"chasers, lets look at a few!! I've been scanning a few today.....

Shot this one in 2004..

My good bud, Tom with a nice Wyoming antelope..

My friend, Chip from Minnesota...just a hair under 16".

I am researching for a 2010 Antelope now, maybe next year I will have a pic to add. I have never hunted anything other then whitetails here in WV but I have a bad urge to hunt antelope and elk over the next few years. Anyways, let's see some more pics!

My son, Sean with his first antelope....1993.

I know you'd probably pass on most of mine, Pat- but here's one from this year

On the hoof- with a 3X zoom

On the ground

Greenscored 72.....

But it was bigger than last years dink....small enough to fit in a daypack.

First one, before the days of digital cameras. Nothing huge, but for not ever having shot an antelope, I was really happy. And, the two year-old hunting partner thought it was really cool. October 1992.

Name:  34150006-1.JPG
Views: 13350
Size:  247.1 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

And my son's first antelope, ten years later.

Name:  49320040-1.jpg
Views: 12718
Size:  26.0 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

And his first out of state hunt, two years after that - Unit 95 - Wyoming, 2004.

Name:  FH000001.jpg
Views: 12968
Size:  39.2 KB

I'll post a few...

2002 bucks for my wife and I:

A near record book buck for my wife:

A good buck from a few years back:

Another decent buck:

Best antelope my wife has shot, made the B&C awards book:

From about three years ago:

This years:

"...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

The best scoring 14" buck I have ever shot. Wyoming 2004.

Name:  Antilope photos in wyoming 003.jpg
Views: 12780
Size:  85.8 KB

Great pix guys. I'd play, but it looks like photobucket ate all my pic's guess I'll have to start over..dang that will be a lot of scanning..

Beautiful bucks guys!! Grady, nothing wrong with that buck at all..

Here's a Wyoming buck from back in 1985...he was 14 1/4" but had 7" cutters...Red Desert.

IMO antelope are the most underrated big game animal.

My brother-in-law came from Ohio and shot this one on his first antelope hunt. Wyoming 2004.

Huge bottoms and really good prongs, but the tops are very thin. 15" length. With better tops this buck would have made the awards book. Not bad for a first buck.....or any buck, for that matter.

To quote him, "Ain't nothing to this antelope hunting. When we going elk hunting?"

Name:  FH000025-1.jpg
Views: 13057
Size:  259.6 KB

Treasure County, Montana 2008.

Those are some very nice bucks guys. Keep 'em coming. I know a bunch of other guys who will have some dandies for the thread, so waiting to see them post.

A Colorado buck from 2004. Damn, I was carry some extra poundage back then.

Name:  FH000019.JPG
Views: 12686
Size:  191.2 KB

My son (Cornell2012) and my brother (Log Dawg) with son's second MT antelope. We were more focused on deer hunting, so this buck was mostly an afterthought. Was a ton of fun that day.

Name:  FH000020.JPG
Views: 12226
Size:  117.2 KB

Underrated, but as much fun to hunt as anything. what's not to like about that?! Awesome speed goats guys!

My good friend Nick from Iowa with his first buck....Nick helps train MMA fighters out of Bettendorf, Iowa. I attended his wedding back there a few summers ago and met some of his UFC buddies...great bunch of guys....as long as you dont piss them off!!.....grin!!

Nick won the Hodge Trophy in 2001...thats college wrestling most outstanding wrestler award and the equivelent to the Heisman Trophy. Do a google search on Nick Ackerman....it will blow your mind!!!

That looks like a big goat too.

Here's my best archery antelope. I skipped opening day of archery elk to try for this guy.. Got a great 30yard shot at sundown. Net scored 82 6/8.

Last edited by Greenhorn; 12-23-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Kurt, That is a giant!!! The pic of him on the hoof is awesome!! Any regrets missing opening day for elk?.....laffin!

This isn't a photo, but a four minute video clip my son shot as I stalked a buck in New Mexico. This was the pre-OYOA days. We were assigned a marginal ranch, but the owner was a great guy. He came up and talked to Matthew as the filming was going on. You can hear them talking in the video.

He was a nice buck, but nothing too exciting. The best we saw on the ranch. He actually got chased over to us from an outfitted place and decided he needed a mid-morning siesta.
    Name:  IMG_1808.JPG
Views: 11792
Size:  110.1 KB

Matthew had shot this buck earlier in the morning, when it looked like we would be lucky to even shoot a buck.
    Name:  IMG_1818.JPG
Views: 11551
Size:  174.0 KB

My good friend Al Klassen with a really pretty buck.....Eastern Montana 1991.

Kurt, this buck was killed only about a mile from where we first met a few years back.

Antelope hunters come in all shapes and sizes as demonstrated by my cousin John....he comes out every year that he can draw.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast