MT Bighorn Sheep - Better run for cover

Man I am...well, thats just a great ram. Very rare to have a perfect tipped bighorn like that, trophy indeed. Congrats!

Great looking sheep Vaughn was able to take, love those long unbroomed horns. Congrats on what looks to have the makings of a great episode. Any chance you'll be able to claim that second dead ram?

Great pics and story Randy. I can't wait to see the episode. I'm sure an episode like that will also generate enough publicity that the sponsors will wish they'd jumped on the train at an earlier date.

Great job all.

Two successful Bighorn sheep episodes filmed in the same season must be about as unlikely as finding two dead 190 ram skulls.....

Love those rams! That Dall ram is handsome!

Hopefully Hank met his demise from a fall or a lion, a meteorite, or something natural. If that was a poacher's doing, that really sours it.

Looking forward to the show.

That is one awesome BH sheep. I would have shot him in a second. Congrats to all involved on this hunt and congrats to you on getting everything on film.

Congrats on the beautiful ram, vaughn. And to everyone involved, Randy and crew. I am sure it is going to make an awesome show and was an awesome time. So sad to see "the Tank" dead, especially if it was not natural. Really makes me sick, and want even tougher game laws. Hopefully they can figure out what happened, if a "who" is involved, and possible find them. So wasteful...
congrats again, Fish

Fabulous!
To see so many rams and harvest a monarch like that is priceless. It is nice to see the dream is still alive for hopefulls like me.

On a sour note.
Finding 2 dead 190+ rams that close to each other that died naturally? Not buying it.
Look around town for a redneck kid with a jacked up pickup full of empty beer cans. The kid will likely have tobacco dripping from his lower lip. He's probably still in school cuz anyone else would have to be asleep when the ALEDGED shootings occured.
Monday morning profiler, time will tell how close I am.

Fabulous!
On a sour note.
Finding 2 dead 190+ rams that close to each other that died naturally? Not buying it.
Look around town for a redneck kid with a jacked up pickup full of empty beer cans. The kid will likely have tobacco dripping from his lower lip. He's probably still in school cuz anyone else would have to be asleep when the ALEDGED shootings occured.
Monday morning profiler, time will tell how close I am.

Now that is funny.

I'm with pointer, that is far and away the coolest Bighorn I've ever seen.
Can't wait for this episode, hopefully the story of hank and the third ram makes it into the show.

TBone, your observation was right on target. When there is blood in the nose, they attribute that to a lung injury, something I had never thought of, as logical as your statement is. Once they saw that, they went looking for a blood trail and found one. The ram did not appear to travel very far, which would make it hard for me to believe a tagholder would walk away from that kind of ram, without looking very closely, and since it didn't travel far, was probably hit very good. Hmmmmm.

Shoots said:
I see blood on his nostril, that would indicate some sort of lung hemorrhage. Your pictures might help F&G. Scavengers might remove what's left of any sign. Makes me sick to think a poacher would do this. Sheep do die of other diseases though. They certainly aren't the hardiest animal species.

TBone must of sent you a text message I assume. Give poor old shoots his credit for detective work. Just a little bit.

BTW, those are very nice sheep. That makes 3 in two years that sportsman don't get because of poaching and FW&Ps undercover crap.

Shoots said:

TBone must of sent you a text message I assume. Give poor old shoots his credit for detective work. Just a little bit.

Sorry Shoots. :eek:

I was scanning the posts, and I thought that came from TBone. You are the sluth. What you posted was exactly what the investigators have stated.

What do I owe you for that muckup? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back