Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

show on 7/17

mcdan62

I watched your show on 7/17/09 and had a question. When you were antelope hunting what caliber gun were you using? What kind of gun? What kind and size of scope?

The gun is a .270, Remington Model 700.

The scope is a Leupold M8 6x42 scope. The M8 line of scopes has been renamed to the FX line in recent years.

It has been a good gun and scope combination. We've shot deer, antelope, and elk with this gun.

Good show again !

Did the land owner approve of the the other hunters using their atv's to drive the game?

NO, he was quite upset. He called the next morning and asked if we would come out and speak to the game wardens. Sure enough. Showed up and there were 5 wardens interviweing these guys who were there on public tags.

They said they were just driving around to find a lost part off their ATV. Hmmm.

Wardens asked if they could see the footage. We have over ten minutes of that, and of one of the hunters scoping me with his rifle at a couple hundred yards, as he did not have binos, but wnated to see who I was. The stuff you saw in the show was very minor, and the language I had for those guys, would never have made TV.

Unfortunately, those were hunters assigned to the ranch on public tags, and it did nothing to improve the landowner's impression of public hunters, even though he had let them camp on his property, use his walk-in cooler, his water, and most anything else he thinks they need.

He did call me to say that this year NM landowners can restrict public hunters from using ATVs, if they are willing to abide by the same restrictions for their landowner tag hunters.

Bad deal. The footage you didn't see was me lining up on the buck, and an TAV directly behind the buck, racing toward us. It would have given a real good idea of how the entire thing unfolded, but would have shown a dangerous situation, so we edited that out, and picked up where the antelope took off running.

Glad you liked it.

Fin, There used is a saying that "An Expert is someone with a Briefcase 20 miles from home". Well I guess some times you could say "An idiot is someone with an ATV 20 miles from home". I own one and I use it, but dang the stupitity of some guys is amazing! Good Show. John

Randy; Got home today, checked mail had 2 letter from friends from the past! Unbelievable one was a note from Minot N D with full page write up in the news,pictures and all ! Second was from Minn with a great write again. Appears to me that you are definately getting the public response.Can't wait for next episode.

Randy; Got home today, checked mail had 2 letter from friends from the past! Unbelievable one was a note from Minot N D with full page write up in the news,pictures and all ! Second was from Minn with a great write again. Appears to me that you are definately getting the public response.Can't wait for next episode.

Glad to hear it.

For those of you guys wondering who the AZRED guy is, holding that huge Alaska moose, he is the "Uncle Larry" guy featured in episodes #1 and #3.

And, as lucky as he is, probably going to draw an Arizona Bighorn tag this week, so we would have to film that, also.

Uncle Larry, you have had the best line so far out of the 3 episodes. "I would of sold to him somebody" LOL. Good luck on your sheep tag!!!! Results should be out about 11 am tomorrow. Thats my estimation.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back