A taxidermy wreck

Ouch! I use a very tiny drill bit and a stud finder. I drill until wood curls out as withdraw the drill bit. I then drill two or three more in a horizontal line to figure out the center mass of the stud. Then I go big to place the mounting hardware in the wall. If I can't find wood, I have rolled the dice using the spring-loaded anchors that tighten to the back of sheetrock but is always a pucker factor as hang the mount. I have sworn off shoulder mounts after a mano y mano with bugs so Euros are lighter.

Now, if you ever go to build a new home or want to tear up your lovely home and spread sheetrock dust everywhere then you can place solid wood behind wall portions where you will mount several critters to and there are pictures of this being done when do a picture search.

Trophy room support matierial.jpg

Sorry this happened. On the bright side, when my wife was a young college student and returned home for holiday break and she called out to the family dog and got no answer...she was told the dog had died weeks ago and they did not want to distract from her focus on studies. So, your son is actually get better news and I am sure he will nod knowingly that at least was not the dog.

Back